Friday, February 24, 2012

Confessional Friday

Hallelujah, it's Friday! Time for my weekly brain dump into my blog of all the junk that has been floating around in my head all week...also known as Confessional Friday. This week's post even involves some delightful musical selections, yippie. Enjoy your Friday, the countdown to happy hour begins!


Here are my confessions for this week...

1. Did you notice my new blog layout? In case you didn't already know this, I always change my blog layout for every season and holiday...mostly because I get sick of looking at the same blog layout for too long so I have to change it up every couple weeks. Plus, I really like being festive :)

2. I've decided that I'm not "giving up" anything for Lent this year...not that I usually do anyways. Jared is Catholic, so he is pretty much obligated to follow the rules, but I'm not. Let's be honest, I suck at keeping up with goals/resolutions so I'd really rather not make a promise to God and then fail at it. Every time I have tried to change my diet or quit drinking soda or something to that effect, it only lasts for like 2 days so I don't see why my will power for Lent would be any different. Side note: Jared tried to get me to give up pizza for Lent...what is he, insane?

3. Instead of "giving up" something for Lent, I have decided to "take up" something for Lent. Jared and I have been married for almost 3 years and we have yet to find "our" church. In fact, we haven't really even been looking at all. I know, epic fail. Jared is Catholic and I am Methodist, but we decided that we are going to find a church that fits us rather than one of us forcing the other to join our religion. We are going to try a bunch of different churches in our area and my goal is to choose one by Easter.

4. When we win the lottery, we will be buying a 2nd home here...Golden Oak at Walt Disney World

5. I have a College of Education student from the University of North Florida that comes to intern in my classroom once a week for this semester. She has to do these specific observations of me for her class and then she has to actually teach a few lessons to my class later on. On Wednesday, she had to "shadow" me for the day. Meaning, she had to take notes on every single thing I did and said all day long. She literally followed me around for 8 hours recording my every move. By the end of the day, she had like twenty pages of notes about what I did all day. I felt so bad for her because I talk A LOT when I teach and I move around my classroom constantly. Plus, I had to put some students in their place today because they were getting cray cray. I'm pretty sure that she is probably going to go back to her class at UNF and tell everyone that her Directing Teacher (aka: me) is insane.

6. I got assigned an intern for next year yay! Yes, I am going to have a full time teaching intern for next fall. Can we just say that an intern + football season = the best 4 months of work ever.

7. Is it just me, or does anyone else think that the new Adele song would be perfect for The Hunger Games movie? I don't know if it's the fire reference or what, but every time I hear this song I think to myself how perfect it would be for that movie. If you haven't read The Hunger Games, then you probably have no idea what I am talking about...but if you have then just picture some intense scene from the book involving Katniss and Peeta while listening to this song and let me know if you agree.



8. I'm not afraid to admit that I love Kelly Clarkson's new song. Every time it comes on the radio, I totally have a full blown dance party in my car. I'm sure the other drivers on I-95 love watching me make a fool of myself, but watch this video and see if you can resist the urge to bust out the dance moves...I bet you can't.



Now, if Kelly didn't get you pumped up for the weekend, then I don't know what will. It's Friday, so get excited and have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Kelly Clarkson songs are the best car songs!! Your blog is so cute, love it!

    ReplyDelete