Before I share my cake, there is something you must know about me. I absolutely, positively despise cake. I hate all desserts, but I truly despise cake. Even the smell of cake makes me want to vomit. However, I wanted to have a traditional wedding cake simply for the pictures. I didn't care if it was just styrofoam covered in fondant, as long as I had something pretty to put on a cake table.
With that being said, I had nothing to do with the inside of my cake. I picked the design for the outside of the cake and my mom and maid of honor picked out the inside. They did the cake tasting and made all the decisions for the filling and the cake itself, I could have cared less. In fact, I can't even tell you for sure what the flavor of our cake was because I didn't pick it out or eat it. I know that each layer was a different flavor and I know that one layer had some sort of chocolate filling in it because that was the bite that I had to eat at the wedding. I'm pretty sure that one of the other layers was key lime flavored (because my husband is from the Florida Keys) and the other layer might have been strawberry cheesecake? Hopefully, my maid of honor will read this post and she can write a comment on what the actual flavors were :)
Now on to the actual cake...
My cake was created by Sweet Weddings Cake Designs in St. Augustine, Florida.
My cake was all ivory with lace designs to match my all lace wedding gown. It had pearls around the base of each layer and a giant fondant bow on the front...I'm a sorority girl so of course I had to have pearls and a giant bow on it :) This cake design was absolutely perfect for me!
As a child, I collected Precious Moments. I have a curio cabinet in my old bedroom at my parents' house full of them. So when it came to choosing a cake topper, the only choice for me was a Precious Moments statue.
Do you see how terrified I look about having to eat this piece of cake? I seriously thought that once I put it in my mouth, I was going to vomit all over my dress.
See my face here...this sums up exactly how I feel about cake. Eating that tiny piece of cake was so painful...I literally washed it down with an entire glass of champagne. However, all of my guests said that the cake was delicious so I'm glad that someone enjoyed it.
Obviously I survived that tiny piece of cake from the wedding and I even ate a bite of it from the freezer on our one year anniversary. I hope you enjoyed seeing my cake!










Very pretty cake!
ReplyDeleteWhy yes I vaguely remember the flavors I picked out for your wedding cake :-) Chocolate & chocolate mouse filling (which you ate in the picture & it was amazing); a white choclate and passion fruit, and also an almond flavor. I could be off but I believe that's right
ReplyDeleteHAHAHA your face is priceless in the picture! However your cake is beautiful very classy and romantic!
ReplyDeleteWell, despite your hate for cake, it turned out beautiful! lol
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness your cake was so beautiful and so classic! I love it! Especially the bow, adorable! You looked beautiful! Looks like y'all had a beautiful wedding day :) Thank you so much for linking up !
ReplyDelete