Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Hall Pass

I know that there are a lot of girlfriends/wives out there who hardly ever let their men out of their sight. However, every now and then they reward their guy with what has been recently coined as a "hall pass", which is essentially a boys night out. I pretty much let my husband go hang out with his friends whenever he wants to because #1: who am I to tell him what he is and is not allowed to do...he's an adult and it's not like I'm his parole officer or something. And #2: I genuinely enjoy spending time by myself. I have never been a needy or dependent type of girl. I really do like being alone. A night out with the boys for him = wine, chick flicks, painting my nails and browsing Pinterest without feeling guilty about ignoring him. Saturday morning golf/hunting/fishing outings (depending on the season) are my favorite time to catch up on my blogging or reading while working on my tan. Now I'm not going to lie, do I occasionally get pissed about him leaving me at home alone, yes. However, that doesn't occur very often and it usually has something to do with the dogs annoying me to death while I'm trying to enjoy my peace and quiet.

I know that you will all probably hate me for saying this, but you need to give your man a break. Dealing with women is a pain and I'm sure they get sick of trying to please us 24/7...so let them go out and have some testosterone-induced fun. Trust me, I don't even like dealing with women for long periods of time, and I understand us, so I can only imagine how they must feel. Are my feelings about boys night out all going to change once we have kids? Probably. But until then, I'll let him enjoy it.

I found this on the internet and thought that it was too funny not to share. This one is for all girlfriends/wives out there who are not as big a fan of boys night out as I am...


Maybe this weekend you should try giving your man a hall pass. I bet he would appreciate it :)

1 comment: