Is it against the laws of the blogging world to do confessions on a Monday? Probably, since everyone else always does them at the end of the week. Well, this is my blog and I do what I want...so ha. I just have so much on my mind and I need an outlet. Isn't that why I created this blog in the first place?
So here, on my very last day as a 24 year old, are some thoughts for your Monday.
1. While we are on the topic of my age...I am turning 25 TOMORROW! I literally can't believe it. What I can't believe even more is how excited I am about it. I feel like 25 is the perfect age. You are still young enough to not be considered "old", but old enough that other adults don't see you as an immature "young person" any more. For some reason, I feel like 25 is going to be a great year for me. I just have this gut feeling. Let's just say I am ready to face 25 head on and excited for all that it brings!
2. I'm not sure if I'm really having a quarter-life crisis or what, but I think that turning 25 is causing me to lose my mind. About two weeks ago, I chopped off a bunch of my hair. It's still really long, but it's super layered now and I probably have like 1/3 of the hair I used to have. I love it! If you know me well, you know that I never do drastic things with my hair, it's like my prized possession. Who knows what drove me to do this, but I'm so glad that I did. Also, I have really been letting things go a lot lately. Rather than stressing out and overloading myself constantly, I've just accepted the fact that I can't do a million things at once and that is ok. See, I told you I was losing my mind.
3. I am consciously being healthier. (I can't believe that I just typed that sentence) I have been drinking a ton of water everyday, as well as having only one diet coke per day. That one can of diet coke is my only caffeine intake for the entire day! I have cut back on my wine as well. The weird thing about this is that I'm not forcing myself to do these things, I have just stopped wanting them. Once again, losing my mind. Actually, I think it has something to do with being less stressed. When I am less stressed, I don't feel like I need to have a diet coke or wine to deal with my stress. I feel amazing.
4. I have decided that I am going to try and start working out. (Can't believe that I just typed that sentence either) I know that every time I try this exercise business, I fail miserably. But that doesn't mean that I shouldn't try again. Since Jared and I closed on our new lot, we now have access to the amenities in our new neighborhood. That's means access to a pool, tennis courts and gym. Therefore, I have decided that I am going to start using the fitness center there because they have elliptical machines and that is really the only type of exercise that I actually enjoy. We'll see how long this lasts...
5. The FCAT starts today. I despise the FCAT. This year they are super strict about how we proctor the FCAT so I can't do anything while my students are testing. I can't work on my laptop, grade papers, or even read a book. So while you are busy at work today, I will be sitting on my stool staring at my students in silence for 140 minutes, doing nothing, watching them take a test. BORING. I thought taking the FCAT as a student was bad, but watching someone else take the FCAT is even more torturous. I wrote a blog post about the FCAT this time last year and my feelings are still remain the same: The Worst 4-Letter Word
6. I had an amazing weekend hanging out with great friends back in Tallahassee for the FSU Spring Game.
7. I have to go back to Tallahassee in two weeks for my sister-in-law's graduation. She is getting her Masters in Social Work and I am so proud of her!
8. Jared's best friend and his wife just told us that they are pregnant and I am so excited for them! We got to spend time with them this weekend in Tallahassee and of course we could not resist buying them some FSU onesies for their little future 'Nole!
9. When I was chapter President of Phi Mu in college, I initiated an amazing group of women my senior year. Last night, those girls officially became alumnae of our Phi Mu chapter. This means that the pledge class that was the youngest when I graduated has now graduated themselves. Aka: I am officially an old lady. I realize that these girls are all 3 years younger than me, but I do hold a special place for them all in my heart. Since I pledged and initiated them, I feel like they are my babies and now they are all grown up and going out into the real world. Initiating their pledge class was one of my favorite moments as chapter President and I will always have a special connection to PC'08 for that reason. Congratulations ladies! LIOB
How did I get so lucky...to be surrounded by so many amazing people that I love so much. I am one blessed girl. Have an amazing week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


well I hope you have a fantastic birthday!! I think a quarter-life crisis is OK. it's fun to try out new things :)
ReplyDeletehope you had a great weekend!
{I have a giveaway going on right now & would love for you to come enter! amyreneonline.com}