Saturday, March 9, 2013

Child at Heart

I really love Disney. Like really love it. No matter how much of a grown-up I become, my love for Disney never fades. Jared proposed to me at Disney, which probably seems like the lamest idea ever to some of you. However, it was absolutely perfect for me.

Up until last weekend, it had been about 3 years since the last time we went to Disney World. That is probably the longest amount of time in between Disney trips that I have ever had. Oh the joys of living in Florida. But don't worry, we are going to make up for it. Disney currently has this awesome deal for Florida residents that we will be taking full advantage of over the next 3 months. Meaning this will be the first of many posts about my Disney trips this spring.

Last Saturday, Jared and I went to Epcot for the day. Now that I am an adult, Epcot is probably my favorite Disney park. Let's be honest...crazy Florida weather, screaming children and long lines are so much easier to tolerate when there is alcohol involved. Thank you Epcot.


The calendar may have said "March", but the weather definitely said "January" that day. It was horribly windy and really cold. Great, my favorite weather conditions. Not. Despite the weather, we had a great time thanks to Disney and day drinking. Hey, at least it wasn't raining. 


We ate lunch in Germany which is one of my favorite countries to visit in Epcot because it allows me to reminis on the awesome trip my mom and I took to Germany (the actual country) back in 2007. 


After we went on all the rides we were interested in at Epcot, we hopped on the monorail and went over to the Magic Kingdom for a visit...which was short lived. I did enjoy riding the monorail though. Sidenote: Did you know that you are no longer allowed to ride in the front of the monorail? Back in the day if you were at the front of the line you could request to ride up front with the monorail conductor. I tried to do that this time and the conductor said that there are new safety rules that forbid riding up front now. Boo. Are they afraid someone is going to hijack the monorail or something? Probably. Too many crazies in this world. 


It was super crowded at Magic Kingdom and we suddenly realized that beer really does make standing in line for an hour next to obnoxious middle school kids so much more pleasant. Alas, we made a quick exit from the Magic Kingdom (but not without making a pit stop at the confectionery for some rice krispy Mickey heads on the way out). 


Back to Epcot we went. By this time, Epcot was really starting to clear out. The only people left in the park with us were other adults who were there celebrating 30th birthdays and bachelorette parties, clearly on a mission to drink around the world. Boy, were they entertaining to watch. 


So we grabbed another beer and took a stroll around the world. 


I can't wait to come back to Epcot in April to celebrate my birthday and to see the International Flower and Garden Festival in full bloom. Pun intended. 


P.S. - If you are going to Disney anytime soon, make sure you download the "My Disney Experience" app on your iPhone before you go. It has lots of cool features that can help you around the parks. 

2 comments:

  1. My heart shattered in a million pieces when I found out you can't ride in the front of the monorail...as far as I'm concerned, there's only ONE place to ride on the monorail..and that's the front. Sad face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're going to LOVE the Flower and Garden this year!! They've added food kiosk just like during the Food and WIne Festival! And the neat part is all the food is completely different! And it's fresh and totally yummy! My friend and I took a stroll around the World Showcase on the first day of the festival and it was amazing! You def have to try the crab tostada in Mexico and the BBQ in America! YUM! :)

    ReplyDelete