Monday, March 4, 2013

Founders' Day

Today marks the 161st anniversary of my sorority's founding. On this day in 1852, Phi Mu Fraternity was founded by three women at Wesleyan College in Macon, Georgia. While a lot has changed since 1852, my Phi Mu sisters and I still strive to live those values that were instilled by our founders so long ago in our every day lives.


Phi Mu truly changed my life in college. I have written about my experiences with Phi Mu a lot on this blog because it was, and still is, such an important part of my life. Even after leaving college, I have continued to stay involved in Phi Mu. This past weekend, my local Alumnae Chapter celebrated Founders' Day with a luncheon, installation of our new officers and celebration of our ritual. 


We added some amazing officers to our Executive Board and I was so honored to have been re-elected as our Alumnae Chapter President. I can't wait to embark on this next leg of my Phi Mu journey and serve our Alumnae Chapter for another two years. Thank you to my sisters for affording me this opportunity.


Happy Founders' Day Phi Mu Sisters!

No comments:

Post a Comment