Friday, March 8, 2013

High Five for Friday

It's Friday! Yippie :) Which means it's time for another weekly installment of High Five for Friday with Lauren! Please contain your excitement and have a fantastic weekend. Don't forget to turn your clocks forward on Saturday night!


1. It's finally March and this girl is pretty darn excited about it! I love March for a number of reasons.
#1 Spring Break...Yes, I am a teacher which means I still get Spring Break. I knew I loved this job for a reason. #2 St. Patrick's Day...Only one of my favorite holidays ever. Plus, I met my husband on St. Patty's Day so it holds a special place in my heart. Aww. #3 Warm weather...except that it's still cold in Florida right now! What the heck? That groundhog lied. If I lived anywhere remotely close to Pennsylvania, you better believe that I would be out there with my Beretta looking for good 'ole Punxsutawney Phil. #4 Spring Break...did I mention that Spring Break is this month?

2. Jared and I went to Disney last weekend and it was horribly windy and terribly cold awesome! Blog post and photos coming soon! (Sorry for the delay, I was really busy this week.)

3. I had my formal teaching observation today and I think it went really well. Now that I'm Teacher of the Year at my school, I absolutely hate being observed. I feel like when people come to observe the "Teacher of the Year", they expect me to do something spectacular like juggle flaming batons in the middle of my lesson or something. My students were very well behaved during the observation so I gave them candy at the end of class. Sorry y'all but children + bribery = success every time.

4. I am doing absolutely nothing this weekend. Nothing. I am so excited. Oh and daylight savings is happening this weekend. Hooray for longer days!

5. My sorority, Phi Mu, celebrated Founders' Day this past Monday. Cheers to 161 years of sisterhood! My local Alumnae Chapter hosted a luncheon in honor of Founders' Day on Sunday and I was re-elected President of our chapter. Read my post about it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment