Friday, March 29, 2013

Friday's Letters

I hope that everyone is having a wonderful Good Friday. Today is one of my favorite holidays, which I know seems kind of weird because it's not a typical holiday for someone to really love. Although Easter is an important Christian holiday, if you ask me, Good Friday is really just as important as Easter Sunday even though it does not get nearly as much hype. I love this holiday because it serves as a reminder of all that Jesus went through in order for us to be forgiven of our sins. When I think about what he had to endure so that others could be given eternal life, it makes the hardships in my life not seem so bad. If Jesus can get through the crucifiction, then I know he will give me the strength to get through whatever life throws at me. I also love this day because I was born on Good Friday. I guess I have always felt a special connection to this day because it makes me wonder if there was some purpose to me being brought into this world on the day that Jesus left it. Probably not, but it makes me feel special :)


Dear Spring Break, Please never end. Why can't it just be Spring Break forever? I went on so many fun adventures this past week and I am so sad that the fun has to end and I have to go back to work. Boo. Read about my Spring Break Adventures here...TimucuanWashington OaksFort MatanzasSt. Augustine LighthouseAnastasiaMoses CreekBayard.

Dear Gina, I had so much fun exploring with you this week on all our Spring Break "field trips". I can't wait to go on some more adventures again soon! I'll bring the beer :) Love you dearest mommy-in-law!

Dear Jared, Thank you for taking me on some hiking adventures this week and teaching me all of your Boy Scout skills and wilderness knowledge  Also, thank you for being a good sport and bearing with me while I documented every second of our adventure with my camera. Love you xoxo.

Dear National, State and Local Parks, Where have you been hiding all my life? I had such a great time exploring our local parks this week and I can't wait to discover some new hidden gems in this area. I learned so much about history and nature for practically free and I loved every minute of it!

Dear Nikon, Thank you for creating my camera that takes amazing pictures so that I can document all of my adventures!

Dear Sunny Weather, Please don't ever leave. It's almost April, so no more chilly weather allowed. Got it? The weather this week has been absolutely beautiful and I need it to stay sunny and get warm so that I can finally get my tan back.

Dear Easter, I can't wait for Sunday! Jared and I are hosting our family's Easter celebration at our house this year and I am so excited.

Dear Jesus, Thank you for sacrificing yourself so that we may be forgiven of our sins and have eternal life. Let us not forget the reason for the season this weekend and thank the Lord for all of the blessings He has given us.


Happy Good Friday!

1 comment: