With so many outlets for communication these days, it is really easy to get in contact with someone at a moment's notice. Plus, there are tons of ways to keep up with other people's lives through the internet. I can tell you exactly what is going on in someone's life who I haven't seen or talked to in years, thanks to Facebook. So what's the point in writing a letter? If you want to know what is going on in my life, check my Facebook, my Twitter, or this blog and you will know everything with just a click of the mouse.
Hardly anyone sends snail mail anymore. In fact, the only fun things I receive in the mail these days are wedding invitations. Everything else in my mailbox is just bills and junk mail. I think we should put the excitement back in snail mail. Remember when you were a kid and something came in the mail for you? It was just so exciting to get your own personal mail...but then again, that was a simpler time.
My new personal goal is to start writing letters to my friends and family and sending them the old fashioned way. I have always thought that a hand written note is much more meaningful and personal than anything else, so instead of catching up with people by writing on their Facebook wall, I am going to send them an actual letter.
Get excited because you never know when a little surprise might arrive from me in your mailbox! Unfortunately, this will probably not be the kind of surprise that you will receive...
So the next time you are tempted to send someone an email or Facebook message to check up on them, why not send a hand written letter instead? I think they will appreciate and enjoy that a lot more. Plus, it's a good excuse to buy cute stationery :)



No comments:
Post a Comment