I think I am being punished for not getting a summer job. I am in serious need of some Felix Felicis. For those of you who have not read Harry Potter, Felix Felicis is liquid luck, and I could really use some right about now.
I have been avoiding getting the air conditioner in my car fixed for about a month now because I knew it was going to be reeeeeally expensive. I took it in for a diagnostic yesterday and they said it would be $900 to replace my air compressor...I almost feel out of my chair. When there is $1,000 at stake here, I like to get a second opinion. So we decided that I would take my car to the Volvo dealership today and get another opinion on the matter. If nothing else, I could at least yell at the people responsible for this nonsense. Hmm, isn't it odd that every person I know who drives a Volvo has had the exact same problem with their AC as well...I think not.
While waiting for Jared to talk to the people at Volvo and get me an appointment this morning, I decided to utilize my time wisely. So obviously I lounged in the sun and worked on my tan :) About 3 days ago, I bought this new tanning sunscreen stuff made by Banana Boat and I was very excited to use it this morning. After some quality time in the sun, it was time for me to take my car to Volvo. I noticed after my shower that I had this intense rash all over my chest that was not there before. So apparently, I am allergic to my new sunscreen or something and it has given me a very attractive rash on my chest...fantastic. To top it all off, I am going to a wedding in two days and I was planning on wearing a strapless dress...guess I better find something else to wear.
I take my car to Volvo and after 2 hours of diagnostic tests, they tell me that I need a new AC clutch, not an air compressor. Well I'm sure glad I didn't buy a new $900 air compressor at the other place. I give them the go ahead to replace my AC clutch and finally, 4 hours later, I am ready to leave the Volvo dealership. The lady rings up my bill (and gives me 10% off because I'm wearing an FSU t-shirt, yay!) and my total comes out to $666. Really? My bill is seriously 666? No wonder I was having such a crappy day, it all adds up now. Moral of the story here...don't buy a fancy foreign car. Absolutely everything on it breaks and is really expensive to fix.
Oh, and yet the fun continues. As I drive out of the Volvo dealership, here comes the torrential downpour. So now my already long drive home from Volvo has turned into what felt like an eternity on I-95 surrounded by lightning, tsunamis, and idiot drivers...super. I finally arrive home and realize that we are out of Diet Coke, so I do the only logical thing left...I open a bottle of wine.
I hope you had a better day than I did! And if anyone has good advice on how to get rid of this rash on my chest before Saturday, it would be greatly appreciated. For now, I am going to continue reading Harry Potter and drink wine. Happy Thursday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment