After posting my Summer Bucket List blog yesterday, I was feeling really ambitious about my bucket list and couldn't wait to get started. First, I went on a long bike ride around my neighborhood which fulfills two of my bucket list items...being outside and exercising. Then I sent Jared a text and asked him if he wanted to go play tennis after work. Yes, Jared and I already own tennis equipment even though we do not play. Hence the reason I wanted to learn and put it on my bucket list. We have this terrible habit of coming up with a really good idea, getting all the stuff for it and then never actually doing it. Additionally, I worked in the tennis pro shop at a local country club for two years and never managed to learn to play tennis then either. The bucket list seemed like a good way for me to finally commit to learning the sport.
Jared got home from work and I dug out the rackets, tennis balls and my tennis skirts from the office closet. Yes, I already own tennis attire as well. I like the way tennis skirts look on me so I own quite a number of them even though I've never played a day in my life. I figure even if I totally suck, I might as well look cute doing it. So here I am all ready and excited for my first tennis lesson...
We set out for the tennis courts at my parents' country club because they are close by and you don't have to go through a gate or check-in to use them. Now when I say I was having a "lesson", I mean Jared attempting to teach me everything he remembers from playing tennis in high school.
Surprisingly enough, it actually went pretty well. I mean, I'm not signing up for Wimbledon just yet, but I wasn't that terrible. Considering I don't really have very good hand-eye coordination, I was starting to get the hang of it pretty quickly. We spent most of our time on the court working on my swing and simply hitting the ball correctly. Remember, I've never hit a tennis ball in my life. Overall, I was pretty proud of myself. Jared didn't seem to be too frustrated by my lack of skill and I didn't give up. We are going to keep practicing and hopefully it won't be too long before I can actually play a match with Jared. Watch out Federer :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

OMG! You crack me up! And yes! Cute outfits are important, necessary and soooo much fun! Way to go Jare! Of course, I
ReplyDeleteam his mommy!! yours too! Good job. Keep writing these blogs! You totally entertain me!! xox love you both much, mucho!!
The first rule of tennis: It's all about the outfit! You've got that one down--playing is the easy part.
ReplyDelete