Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Simple Things

My sorority sister Anna writes a super awesome blog that you should follow: My Aiken Heart. In fact, she is such a master blogger that I always end up copying everything that she does. So once again, Anna has provided me with another fun post to do today.

I'm linking up with Jesslyn today to appreciate the simple things in life.

Here are the simple things I appreciated this week...

Sadie and Lola
My dogs are such a pain in the butt sometimes, but no matter what happens they are always excited to see me and love on me.
Rain
Usually I complain about a rainy day, but we have really been in dire need of rain lately so every drop of rain makes me excited.
Having a job
During the school year, I forget how lucky I am to have a job, until the summer rolls around and I don't have one.
Jared
My husband shows me that he loves me everyday, even though I probably fail to do the same because I am the least romantic person on the planet.
Phi Mu
As I was reading my Aglaia this week, I came to the full realization that my sisterhood reaches far beyond college. Phi Mu impacts my life every single day.
Home grown vegetables
I get to go into my backyard and pick fresh vegetables for my salad everyday. Something about them just tastes so much better.
Weddings
I just love going to weddings. It's like you're in a little bubble of happiness. While outside the world may be falling apart, everything inside that wedding is complete perfection. 

Those are the simple things that I am thankful for this week. What are the little things in life that you are thankful for? 

3 comments:

  1. Lol - they say copying is the highest form of flattery =P

    I love your patriotic blog. I'm so excited for fireworks this weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun link up! and your blog is just too too cute...how great for the fourth!! I'm so thankful for my husband and having a job too :) weddings are also on my list...we're going to another one this weekend {the summer is full of them!}. Though I didn't go to a school with sororities, I like to think of my college friends like sisters too :) so happy to have stumbled on your blog! xoxo {av}

    p.s. if you like link-ups, you might like my Friday's Fancies series :) it's all about dreaming big with fashion, without breaking your bank!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you love your fur babies! Animal lovers make me so happy! And homegrown veggies are the best kind. ;)

    Thank you so much for linking up with me! xo

    ReplyDelete