Thursday, June 16, 2011

Beach Weekend

I started my summer vacation a little early last weekend. Since Friday was the last day with my students, there was a lot to celebrate. Even though I had to come back to work for post-planning on Monday and Tuesday, I was already in vacation mode. My aunt and uncle own a restaurant in South Florida; therefore, they work on holidays and weekends and we don't get to see them very often. So when my aunt came up with the idea for a girls beach weekend, I was all about it.

My mom and I headed south after work on Friday while my aunt headed north. We met in Vero Beach at the Vero Beach Resort and Spa. We spent the entire weekend out by the pool, walking the beach, and enjoying the local eats in Vero. It was such a wonderful weekend...no men, no work and an abundance of frozen tropical drinks in my lounge chair. I think we might have to make this girls beach weekend an annual trip :) Here are some highlights from the weekend...

Oceanfront dinner at Citrus

My favorite spot :)

Vero Beach Resort and Spa

My aunt is the only person who can make me look pale

What a fabulous weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment