Since I did not buy a yearbook this year, I had my students sign my white board so that I could remember them. Some of the notes were really sweet and they made me feel loved :) I love how middle schoolers will try to be your enemy for 179 days, but then on that very last day they go soft on you. They finally tell you how much they love and appreciate you and they won't leave your classroom without a big hug.
This has been one heck of a school year and I could not be happier that it is finally summer vacation. Once August rolls around I will be ready and excited for a new year and new students, but until then I am ready to celebrate the end of another successful school year!
It is no secret that I have always wished that my life was in the form of a musical. Sometimes things happen and I think to myself, "now this would be a great opportunity to break out into song and dance". However, life is not a musical, thus I am always just a little disappointed in life's big moments because I would really love the opportunity for a group musical number. Last Friday was the last day of school for students and as the clock made its way closer to 12:50, we sat in my classroom waiting for that last bell. When the bell rang, all the kids cheered and ran out to their buses. That would have been the perfect opportunity for a musical number. Every movie involving the last day of school always has some grand exit from the school building, and oh how I would love to exit my classroom dancing on the last day of school.
Since I did not get my grand musical number on the last day of school this year, I will have to keep dreaming...and when it does happen, I imagine it will go a little something like this :)
Have a great summer!

No comments:
Post a Comment