Friday, December 30, 2011

Champs Sports Bowl

I seriously tried to think up a witty title for this post, but all I could come up with were things that were either offensive toward Catholics or the Irish and since my husband is Catholic and I love St. Patrick's Day, I just couldn't bring myself to do that. So with a boring title in place, here we go.

Last night, Florida State played Notre Dame in the Champs Sports Bowl. Seeing as how we were playing Notre Dame, hopefully you understand my Catholic/Irish dilemma at the beginning of the post. Anyways, that has absolutely nothing to do with my bowl game experience so let's move on. I'm not going to rant on and on about this bowl game, I'll just let the pictures do the talking.

However, before we get to the pictures, here are some observations I made at the bowl game last night...

1. The Citrus Bowl stadium is super ghetto.

2. The area of Orlando surrounding the stadium is even more ghetto. Seriously, I thought we were going to get shot.

3. Please do not drag your children around on gameday from tailgate to tailgate trying to sell chocolate bars or beads or whatever...drunk people will yell at them and tell them to go away. 

4. I know that these crotchety old people paid a lot of money for their bowl game tickets, but if you didn't come to the bowl game to cheer and have fun, then stay home and watch the game from your recliner.

5. I learned that most of what happened in the movie Rudy was apparently false or greatly exaggerated, which made me very sad because I love that movie. (sorry if I just ruined that movie for you too)

6. Florida State played like crap, but fortunately, Notre Dame played even crappier so we won. 

Ok, now it's time for fun pictures yay!







So until next football season...Go Noles!

2 comments:

  1. My cousin and her fam were at the game too! Go Noles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I was going to suggest a title with Rudy in it. I remember chanting Rudy when my college beat Notre Dame (University of TN...back when we were good.) And I cant believe that kids were selling things!

    ReplyDelete