Sunday, December 11, 2011

Historic Inns Holiday Tour

This weekend revolved around the Historic Inns of St. Augustine Holiday Tour which is a two day open house for the historical bed and breakfasts of downtown St. Augustine. My mom and I joined MaryAnn and her friend, Stephanie, for the event.



Yesterday, we visited 12 of the bed and breakfasts and today we visited 13. Each was sponsored by one of the local restaurants so we were able to enjoy a little snack at each inn that we visited. Even though it rained today, we still had a great time. It was so fun getting to see inside all of the inns and hear about the ghosts that haunt them and the history behind each of the homes. I have been to St. Augustine a million times, but every time I go I learn something new. 




These last two were my favorites: Cedar House and Bayfront Marin House. Now, I just have to convince Jared to let us spend the weekend in one of them :)   



I can't wait to do the holiday tour again next year! Not only is it fun and a great way to get into the holiday spirit, but the proceeds from the event also benefit the Empty Stocking Fund. I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. Only 5 more days of work until I am free for Christmas break! 


No comments:

Post a Comment