Here are my confessions from this week...
1. My hubby and I just booked our spring break trip last night! In case you didn't see my blog post from last night, we are going to Ireland on St. Patrick's Day. I am super excited! St. Patrick's Day is a special holiday for Jared and I, not because we are Irish, but because we meet on St. Patrick's Day. That is why it is one of my favorite holidays.
2. I have been such a witch to my students this week. Yes, it partly has to do with the fact that I am burnt out and so ready for winter break. However, it mostly has to do with the fact that I had to take down all my classroom decor because they are painting our classrooms over break. My classroom is so depressing now and it is making me crazy.
3. My students have finally figured out my technique for confiscating the notes they write to each other...it only took them 5 months. Rather than take their note away when I first see it, I sit there and pretend I don't see it, let them pass it around so the note gets nice and juicy, then I confiscate it and have them call their parents and read it to them. It is mildly entertaining and let's just say that not very many notes get passed around my class ever.
4. My mom and I are leaving tomorrow to go on a road trip via the Antebellum Trail through Georgia. I am so excited, it's going to be super fun!
5. I had to chaperone the in-school basketball game at school today. Every year, the day before Christmas break, we have a faculty vs. student basketball game. It was a very close game this year and thoroughly entertaining to watch. I'm so proud of our faculty members for beating the students again this year!
6. I fully intend on not doing a darn thing for work over Christmas break. Most people catch up on their grading and plan ahead over the break, but this is my vacation and I don't plan on thinking about work until January 3rd.
7. I do not believe in gift bags. I always wrap every gift I buy in a box with wrapping paper. I see gift bags as wrapping for lazy people. However, this year I am being a super lazy Santa. Initially, we were not going to do Christmas presents this year because we are all going down to the Keys and spending money, but then that game plan changed. Hence the reason I didn't start my Christmas shopping until this week. Because of all this, I'm just not that excited or motivated about Christmas shopping or wrapping presents. Therefore, I broke out the gift bags and decided that I am going to be a slacker this year and just shove things in a gift bag. I know, shame on me. Even I'm a little disappointed in myself. Oh well.
Happy Winter Break to my teacher loves!



I don't plan on doing ANY school work over the break either! Enjoy your vacation :)
ReplyDeleteI died laughing that you have the students read the notes to their parents. HOW FUNNY!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!! What a clever idea..I know with 100% certainty that if I had knew what I wrote could be read to my parents I would NEVER write a note in your class!! Love it!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm so jealous about Ireland. It's one of the places I have always wanted to visit. Have tons of fun and take tons of pics!
-april