Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Came Early

Jared and I do not buy gifts for each other for holidays. We would much rather do something fun together instead of getting more "stuff" to try and cram into our house. This year, our Christmas present to each other is awesome...amazing...so awesome and so amazing. We finally booked the trip today, so now it's official and Christmas has come early to the Roche household.

Our Christmas present to each other is a trip that will take place during my spring break in March. We are going to...drum roll please...Ireland!


I am so excited I can't even stand it. Jared and I have both been to Europe before, but not together. We are using a tour company that my mom and I have used for both of our trips to Europe and they are absolutely fabulous. So if you are in the mood to be insanely jealous of me, you can look at our trip itinerary here: Globus Journeys: Ireland


Oh and did I mention that our trip starts on St. Patrick's Day! Our tour technically starts on March 18, but we are flying in a day early to enjoy the St. Patrick's Day festivities before we embark on our tour of the country. I am super excited about this trip because I have always wanted to go to Ireland. I even mentioned it on a blog I wrote over the summer: Tuesday Ten

Have you ever been to Ireland? If so, send me your recommendations of things that I must see and do!

2 comments:

  1. I loved visiting Ireland. My dad's heritage is Irish so we went to a pub with my family's last name as well as toured the Whiskey distillery that is tied to my family. I only wish we saw the castle that was in my family's line. Oh well.

    We went in the spring as well as the last hurrah of living in Europe. My mom definitely shopped for crystal, sweaters and Irish jewelry but other than that we went to a castle and had a medieval dinner, saw the cliffs and sheep and just spent time in the country of South-western Ireland at bed and breakfasts.

    Have lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete