Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A Florida Keys Christmas

Jared and I spent Christmas with his family this year. In case you didn't already know this, my hubby is from Marathon which is one of the islands that makes up the Florida Keys. This works out really well for us because not only do we get to go visit his family, but we also get a little tropical vacation thrown in :)
On Christmas Eve Eve this year, we did a little day trip down to Key West (which is about 50 miles south of Marathon). We rode the Conch Train, drank on Duval Street, and two of our good friends got engaged while we were with them! Don't worry, there will be a whole separate blog post about our Key West trip later...


That night, after our Key West adventure, we went out to Key Colony Inn for some drinks in our festive holiday attire.



On Christmas Eve morning, Jared and I kicked of our holiday (it was already 80 degrees outside) by going for a walk on the Old 7 Mile Bridge. 



In the picture below, I'm standing on the Old 7 Mile Bridge (which is only for walking and the trolley now) and you can see the "new" 7 Mile Bridge in the distance behind me (which is the one you can drive on). 


Later that night, we went to a few different Christmas Eve parties to celebrate the holiday!


Christmas morning finally arrived and we were ready to open presents in style!



My mother-in-law got me a monogrammed Marley Lilly scarf and I'm obsessed with it!


My sister-in-law and I love Harry Potter...and we aren't ashamed to admit it :)


Merry Christmas from The Roches!


Who needs snow when I have this view on Christmas Day? 



I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment