Almost as much as receiving cards in the mail, do I love sending them out. Once my brother and I got older, my mom stopped sending out holiday cards with pictures on them. This made me so mad. Every year I would beg for her to take Christmas card pictures and my brother wouldn't want to do it, but eventually they would all suck it up and do it for me. While I think that holiday cards without pictures and nice and everything, the ones with the photos are my favorite. Yes, I want to see what you and your kids and all your pets look like from year to year. Plus, I love going back and looking at old Christmas cards because they are so hysterical. Last year, I compiled all the old Christmas cards I could find of my brother and I into a blog post and it was so entertaining. Check it out here: Christmas Through the Years
This year is no exception. I spent last week addressing and mailing out 75 Christmas cards, all with mine and Jared's face on them. Until we have kids, you can expect to get a card every year with our face on it. Maybe we'll get real fancy one year and include Lola and Sadie too.
Usually, I insist on taking a "Christmas card" photo because I refuse to use a picture from earlier in the year. We usually take this picture at Thanksgiving, but I didn't take very many pictures at Thanksgiving this year and Jared and I were both sick so we were looking a hot mess. Therefore, I caved and decided to include pictures from this year that we had already taken on the card. I also changed it up and put multiple pictures on our card this year, as opposed to just one big picture which it what I usually like to do. I know...really stepping outside the box this year.
I got this card made at Costco, which I where I always get my photos done because it is so cheap and they use the professional high quality paper. All their cards are 6 x 7.5 prints and I got 75 cards and envelopes for less than $20. Plus, you don't have to wait for them to come in the mail...they are ready in one hour.
I hope everyone is getting some fun holiday cards in the mail so far this year! Happy Holidays!




I love your Christmas card! I can't wait until next year when I have my own apartment and begin a Christmas card list.
ReplyDelete