Friday, January 13, 2012

Confessional Friday

Happy Friday! Who is excited for a three-day weekend? This girl! I'm linking up again this week with Leslie at Blonde Ambition for Confessional Friday! The purpose of this link up is for me to confess my innermost thoughts, questionable ideas and embarrassing moments from this week. Basically, this is the perfect time to tell all the things you think during the week, but are too polite to say out loud.


Here are my confessions from this week...

1. My best friend, Casey, is coming in town tonight for the weekend, yay! And....after happy hour tonight, we are going to see Beauty and the Beast in 3D, double yay! I have never seen a 3D movie before so this will be my first one!

2. The BCS National Championship game was so boring. It was horrible. By the 3rd quarter, I was so bored that I just went to bed. I really didn't care who won, but I was at least expecting a game between #1 and #2 to be somewhat exciting.

3. I am obsessed with painting my nails. I randomly started painting my nails around Thanksgiving and I have been obsessed with doing it ever since. This is particularly odd for me because, until recently, the last time I painted my nails was like 9th grade. Side note: I am super obsessed with Essie nail polish. It's amazing and I am developing quite a collection of Essie colors.

4. I got to go with my students on a field trip this week. I love going on field trips because my students have so much fun and I get to see them actually enjoy learning. Days like those remind me of how much fun my job really can be.

5. I bought a scale this week for my bathroom. Good and bad idea. I have weighed myself every morning this week and I have got to get my act together. I'm not trying to say that I am overweight or anything, but I currently weigh more than I ever have in my entire life...that has got to go.

6. Jared and I bought life insurance. I officially feel old now. You know how people always say when your friends start getting married and having kids, you will officially feel like a grown-up? Wrong. Purchasing a life insurance policy makes you officially feel like a grown-up.

7. When you buy life insurance, you have to have a health assessment to get approved for a certain rate of life insurance. We did our health assessment last night...and they had to draw blood. I hate getting blood drawn. I am such a whimp. It makes me feel like I am going to pass out. Plus, in order to get a true reading for the blood tests they needed to run, we had to fast for 6 hours. So, me getting my blood drawn after not eating for the previous 6 hours made for one not-so-happy girl.

8. Today, a bunch of my students are on another field trip and I have to babysit the bad kids all day. So I am hosting "study hall" all day...meaning my students will be silently working on a long list of assignments in silence while I enjoy the peace and quiet. Sorry, I'm not sorry.

Side note: Has anyone else noticed that today is Friday the 13th? Scary. Good luck today :)

2 comments:

  1. Have fun at Beauty and the Beast!
    p.s. tag you're it! http://janeaustenprepster.blogspot.com/2012/01/no-tag-backs-please.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an obsession with painting my nails too! And Essie is my fav!!! "figi" is amazing!!!

    Bailey
    http://lostandfound-bailee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete