Sunday, January 29, 2012

Yes You Canvas!

This past Friday, I joined my local Phi Mu Alumnae Chapter for a new experience. Painting...yes, painting...like on a canvas. I was terrified. I may seem really creative, but not when it comes to drawing or painting. I'm good at arts and crafts, but I have never been able to draw well.

We signed up for a painting class at a local art studio called Yes You Canvas. The instructor takes you step by step through the entire painting and shows you exactly how to hold the brush, mix the colors and actually apply the paint. I was shocked at how easy it was! You can bring your own snacks and wine to enjoy while you paint as well. Overall, it was a great experience.


Yes, my sea oats are swaying the opposite direction of everyone else's...there is a reason. It's because I am left handed so my brush strokes had to go the opposite way.

Here is my completed masterpiece! I am very proud of it :)


If you live near Jacksonville or Orlando, you have got to try this! Check out their website for more details and  to sign up for a class: Yes You Canvas I promise you will have a blast and really surprise yourself with your hidden painting skills :)

2 comments:

  1. There is a place like that in Tallahassee too! It is called Painting with a Twist. I really need to go to a class with a bunch of sisters before I graduate. (ps. so weird to think you were a senior when I was a little baby freshman.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your painting!Sounds like a fun time~!

    ReplyDelete