Friday, January 20, 2012

Confessional Friday

I'm linking up again this week with Leslie at Blonde Ambition for Confessional Friday! The purpose of this link up is for me to confess my innermost thoughts, questionable ideas and embarrassing moments from this week. Basically, this is the perfect time to tell all the things you think during the week, but are too polite to say out loud. 




Here are my confessions from this week...


1. I finally finished the 3rd book in the Hunger Games series - Mockingjay. Let's just say that my Hunger Games addiction is now full blown. I will say that Mockingjay was my least favorite of the 3 books in the series, but it was still a good read. I can't wait till the first movie comes out in March! If you still have not read the Hunger Games series, go do it now. 


2. I have started a new exercise routine...jazzercise. Yes, I said jazzercise. If brightly colored leotards, leg warmers, and Suzanne Somers circa 1984 are popping in your head right now, you're right on target. Of course, I don't dress in theme while I jazzercise, but I'm thinking that I just might have to start :) I'm kidding. But seriously, I took a PE class at FSU (I just needed one random credit hour) called Aerobic Dance and it was pretty much like jazzercise and I loved it. It was such a good workout and plus, you get to dance around to fun music and act completely ridiculous. I order to jazzercise properly, I needed a step platform but I didn't want to go buy one because I already own enough workout stuff that I never use, so I improvised. In our garage, we have this wooden training platform for our hunting dogs that is pretty much exaclty like a step platform but it's made of wood instead of plastic...good enough for me. You can see my new workout equipment here: Project 365 - Week 3


3. Dolly Parton announced that she is opening a new theme park in Nashville to take the place of what used to be Opryland. It should open in Spring 2014 and you better believe the my best friend, Casey, and I will be there when it opens!


4. The Phi Mu meal plan did not prepare me for the real world. What I wouldn't give to come home from work and have a delicious meal magically appear at 6:00 every night that I didn't have to prepare or clean up after.


5. This whole SOPA thing is confusing the hell out of me. I have no idea what is going on and as long as Blogger and Pinterest don't go away, I really could care less.


6. The Florida Republican Primary is in 11 days and I still don't know who I am going to vote for. Don't worry, I'll do my research and choose wisely :) Speaking of elections, I have never actually voted at a voting site before. This will be my first time! For every other election, I always had to do absentee ballot.


7. All these people who are hating on Paula Deen recently are making me kind of irritated. If you honestly thought that Paula Deen's cooking was really a healthy option, then you are an idiot. If covering everything she eats with cheese and butter is what makes her happy, then so be it. Just leave her alone. 


8. Yesterday, I told my students that I don't live in Duval County (which is the county where I teach), but that I live in a different county just south of Duval. Their response..."so you live in Georgia?" To which I responded that first of all Georgia is north of us, not south, and also that I do not live in Georgia, just a different county in Florida than they do. Their next response..."but you said that you don't live in our county, so you must live in Georgia". And this is where my Language Arts lesson came to a halt and I had to spend the next 20 minutes explaining the difference between a state, city and county. Sometimes I wonder how my students have made it all the way to 6th grade alive.  


9. I stated in my blog on Monday that I was going to be changing my blog layout to something Valentine's Day festive...apparently, I lied. Well, not really. I just haven't gotten around to it. It's still coming soon, I promise!


4 comments:

  1. Aw you go girl! I am still on the Hunger Games and am determined to finish this weekend! Can't wait to finish it! Have a great weekend!

    XO. Britt
    The Magnolia Pair

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you live on the west side of the st.john's river...you live in the county i lived and grew up in for 23 years, until i moved in 2009! :)

    if you're on the east side of the river..that's JUST as fabulous! i miss north FL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. According to my kids 0.227 is Two dollars and 27 cents. When I told them they were incorrect, they said 2 cents? When I asked them how many numbers were after the decimal when we talk about money they said three... Once I reminded them that it was TWO decimal places, I explained we had to round to the nearest cent. They said 30 cents!! Mind you all these statements were a group consensus! I don't really know how to help these 6th graders sometimes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was in ZTA we had a meal plan too and I LOVED it! Maybe that's why my hubby does most of the cooking at our house :)

    ReplyDelete