Sunday, January 22, 2012

Weekend Recap

I am just simply loving life right now. No idea what has brought about all of this sudden joy, but it's wonderful so I am going to live it up. I think that the closer my 25th birthday becomes, the more I am changing. I'm really starting to love and appreciate the little things in my life. Maybe it's a quarter-life crisis, who knows. Maybe I'm losing my mind. I really can't explain it.

Anyways, this weekend was delightful...mostly because I got to relax and just enjoy being away from work. We had a teacher planning day on Friday so it was an easy work day and then we hit up happy hour that evening, of course. After happy hour, the boys went to the cigar bar and I went home to cuddle up with a glass of wine and watch wedding shows. Perfect :)

Jared went hunting with the boys on Saturday morning and I hung out at home...all day...and did nothing. It was awesome. The only things I accomplished were painting my nails, watching TV and perusing Pinterest. Did I mention how awesome it was?

Saturday evening we went with my parents to a couples' bridal shower for one of my dearest childhood friends. We had a great time and got to see a lot of people that we don't get to see very often. A lot of people at the party told me that they read my blog all the time and that made me very happy :) I loved getting to spend time with my life-long friend and I even got a little emotional wishing that we spent more time together because now she is moving far away. I am not usually one of those people who gets emotional...I told you I'm starting to go crazy. Luckily, her family still lives in Jacksonville so I can kidnap her when she comes back to visit them :)


Sunday morning, Jared and I went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast...yum. I love me some Cracker Barrel. Then we went to look at some potential lots to buy because eventually we want my dad to build us a custom house and there are not a lot of places in our area where you can bring in your own builder. Plus, we need a certain size lot to build the type of house that we want to build. We found some nice lots in World Golf Village that are exactly what we need. Of course, I fell in love with one of the lots and oddly enough it wasn't the most expensive one...I know, shocker. I'll let you know if we make any decisions about that :)


Now, we are just hanging out at home catching up on our shows from the DVR getting ready for another week. Tomorrow, I have jury duty and I'm kind of anxious/nervous about it. I've never had jury duty before. Honestly, they probably won't even choose me for the jury because we all know that I'm such an "open-minded" individual...not.

Side note: This is the color that I painted my nails. It's called "it's genius" by Essie. It's like a shimmery purple color...totally outside of my normal comfort zone. Told you I was losing my mind. 

   
Side note #2: Did everyone see Florida State beat Duke in basketball on Saturday? Yeah, Duke was the only undefeated team in the ACC. Oh yeah, and an FSU player made a 3-point basket at the final buzzer for the win. FYI - I really don't even like basketball or care, but I do like when FSU does something awesome. 

I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment