I hope that everyone had a great weekend - here is a recap of mine...
Friday
As you know (if you have read any of my recent blog posts or follow me on Facebook) my best friend, Casey, came in town this weekend! On Friday night, we went to happy hour at Cruiser's (yum) and then went to see Beauty and the Beast in 3D. I had never seen a 3D movie before and let's just say that Beauty and the Beast was amazing in 3D. I probably won't go see many 3D movies in the future because I feel like if it's a movie that you haven't seen before then the 3D element might kind of distract you from what is really going on in the movie.
Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney movie of all time and the part of the movie when they dance to "Tale As Old As Time" was simply magical in 3D. This may have had something to do with the fact that we went to the 9:30 showing of the movie, but the only people in the theater were 25 year old girls. They were all laughing and clapping and sing along to all the songs throughout the movie, which was particularly entertaining for Casey and I because we sang right along with them :)
Saturday
Casey and I went shopping and to St. Augustine for the day to do our usual frolicking. Of course, we had to stop in at our favorite bar in St. Augustine, Taberna del Gallo, for some delicious sangria!
We spent that evening on the couch with the boys watching movies and eating pizza...my favorite way to relax on a Saturday night :)
Sunday
Casey and I went with my mom to see the Broadway show Wicked in Downtown Jacksonville. I saw Wicked in New York when I was a senior in high school, but my mom and Casey had not seen it before. I bought the tickets back in October and gave them to my mom as a birthday present. The show was great and all of the actors were so talented; I wish I could sing the way they do. My mom and I love going to see Broadway shows together, so it was the perfect way to spend a Sunday together.
Enjoy your day off and have a great week!


No comments:
Post a Comment