Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

Happy New Year and Hello 2012!
   

So did you feel different when you woke up this morning? After all, it is a totally different year than it was yesterday. I'm sure I'll be spending the next month accidentally writing 2011 on my white board every morning at school.

I don't usually make New Years resolutions simply because I never follow through with them. I've tried making resolutions and sticking to them a few times, and I have always failed miserably by about the second week. This year I am going to take a shot at making New Years resolutions and actually keeping them. That is why I have chosen to only make two. I feel like if I post them on my blog, that makes them official or something and then maybe I'll be more likely to actually keep up with them. I'm not really sure why that is logical, but feel free to scold and heckle me if I end up quitting them. So here they are, all fancy and official :)

2012 New Year's Resolutions

Drink More Water

As stated in one of my previous posts, I never drink water. I know this is so bad for me, but I probably drink as much water as you should drink in a day over the course of an entire month. This is mostly because I don't like how water tastes. I literally tastes like nothing which is not satisfying to me at all. I have decided that I am going to force myself to drink a certain amount of water each day. Of course, since I am like a little kid, I have figured out exactly how to trick myself into doing this. I bought myself a pretty cup :) I got one of those big Tervis Tumblers (24 oz.) and it's so pretty, pink and green paisley. I'm going to gradually get myself drinking more water by giving myself little mini-goals. Remember, I am a teacher so I have limited bathroom breaks during the day so I can't just start drinking gallons and gallons of water day 1 or I'll have to pee every 5 seconds. For week 1, I have to drink at least 1 Tervis Tumblers worth of water throughout the day...then I'll add to my goal each week until I find an amount of water that I can comfortably maintain drinking each day.

Exercise Myself and the Fur Babies 

As also stated in one of my previous posts, I never exercise. However, I have decided that it is time for me and my puppies to get healthy and we are going to do it together. So my second resolution is for Sadie, Lola and I to go for power-walks together at least 4 times a week. This way, we can all get the exercise we need together!

While these resolutions I have set for myself might sound easy and stupid, they won't be for me because this will involve changing my lifestyle a little bit. I also wanted to do something that I actually think I am capable of and willing to accomplish. While I would love to eat healthier or drink less soda, let's be honest, neither of those things are actually going to happen so I'm just setting myself up for failure. Therefore, I had to make my resolutions somewhat reasonable.

I am officially starting my resolutions today, so I'll let you know how it goes! Good luck with any resolutions that you are starting today as well. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment