Friday, January 6, 2012

Book Club

It has been a while since I linked up with Heather for her Book Club Friday link-up. Therefore, I think it's time to do so. I wish I had more time to myself for reading, but life and work tends to get in the way.


Today I'm sharing...


Here is a synopsis...

Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has won the annual Hunger Games with fellow district tribute Peeta Mellark. But it was a victory won by defiance of the Capitol and their harsh rules. Katniss and Peeta should be happy. After all, they have just won for themselves and their families a life of safety and plenty. But there are rumors of rebellion among the subjects, and Katniss and Peeta, to their horror, are the faces of that rebellion. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge.


This book is the 2nd of the Hunger Games series and personally I liked it better than first one. I finished this book back in December and I am currently reading the 3rd and final book of the series, Mockingjay. I read Catching Fire super fast because I was so addicted to it. Like I said in my last Book Club post about the first Hunger Games book, the main character Katniss is such a bad ass. The more her character develops in the series, the more I want to be as awesome as she is. If you have not read this series yet, you are seriously missing out. I can't wait until the first Hunger Games movie comes out in March!

6 comments:

  1. I have heard SUCH good things about this series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading this right now! LOVING it! And also just saw the trailer for the movie... looks like it's going to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. all i hear is that these are good books :)

    happy friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this on my nightstand and plan to read it before the movie comes out. I totally understand about wishing I had more time to read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Catching Fire was my favorite of the trilogy. I read it in a day - I could NOT put it down. Hungers Games and Mockingjay were good, but Catching Fire was beyond in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Catching Fire was my favorite of the 3. I was really disappointed in Mockingjay :(

    ReplyDelete