Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Day

Happy Election Day! I hope that everyone is going out and exercising their right to vote today. I voted via absentee ballot a few weeks ago so I didn't have to go stand in line in the pouring rain early this morning. However, now I kind of wish that I would have done regular voting this morning, just for the thrill of the experience :) Even though I'm sick of all the commercials, phone calls and Facebook/Twitter rants, it's great to see that so many Americans are taking their vote seriously in this election. No matter what you believe or which candidate you prefer, make your voice count today. Go vote.
I honestly can't believe that it has already been four years since the last Presidential Election. Four years ago on Election Day, I was a senior in college. I spent the evening with my Phi Mu sisters watching the election results live in Doak Campbell Stadium at Florida State. In fact, CBS did a live broadcast from universities across the nation and Florida State was one of them. It was a very cool experience that I will never forget.


Tonight, I will be watching the election results at home, probably with a beer in hand...or more than one depending on the results. Maybe I'll tell you tomorrow who I voted for. However, if you know me at all personally then you can probably guess how I voted :) Although we may be divided today, tomorrow when this is all over we need to remember that no matter the outcome we are still one united nation.
God Bless America.

No comments:

Post a Comment