I have started to realize that I have recently been getting away from actually writing on this blog and I mostly just post pictures. I'll be honest with you, posting pictures is quick and easy and I'm a busy woman. However, if I don't ever write anything down then I guess this isn't technically a blog. I'm trying to get back to the original purpose of writing this blog, so I promise to start adding some more of my entertaining thoughts back to it.
Currently, my brain feels like a pile of mush. I am thinking that I really just need to get rid of all the crap that is bouncing around in my head; then maybe I'll be able to focus on some intelligent thoughts...maybe not. Alas, this calls for a Mash-Up Monday. Please excuse my completely random and unrelated thoughts for this blog post today.
1. I have a love/hate relationship with football. Don't get me wrong I love football. I love watching football and I love all that football season entails. However, I hate how football season completely takes over my life for 4 solid months of the year. Every weekend in the fall is dedicated to football, and while I do love going to Tallahassee and having football tailgates/parties, it would be nice to do something different. There are so many other fun things to do in the fall, but I always miss out on them because of football. I would love to go camping or up to the mountains or even just to the pumpkin patch, but for the last 9 weekends in a row it has been football, football, football. This is nothing new...by November I am always sick of football, but then March rolls around and I'm counting down the days until the next football season.
2. I am obsessed with Taylor Swift's new album Red. Even though all her songs are about single girl, heartbreak, man drama which I cannot relate to because I am married and I never had the experience of dating a complete douchebag...I still like her music. One thing that still confuses me about her though...if you are only 22 years old and able to fill 4 full albums with songs about guys treating you badly, when do you start wondering, maybe it's me? Just a thought. Nonetheless, she can write one hell of a catchy tune.
3. This presidential election is OUT OF CONTROL. And that is all I am going to say about that. Go out and vote and please God, let this be over.
4. I am so glad that Halloween is over. I am so glad that I don't have to look at ugly Halloween decorations all over everyone's houses anymore. I never decorate our house for Halloween. I put up fall decorations, but nothing "Halloween" themed. Let's be honest, no one's home decor is enhanced by giant spiders or dead bodies. Gross.
5. Why is pumpkin flavored everything so amazing? I feel like making a "pumpkin" version of something in the fall automatically guarantees that people are going to buy it. The majority of things that come in pumpkin flavor for the fall are mostly of the coffee/dessert persuasion which I don't like, but pumpkin beer is my favorite. I've noticed that it is starting to disappear from the shelves now and it is being replaced with the winter seasonal ales. Rude. Can't we just have the flavors of fall year round? Please :)
6. I watch way too much television. I come home from work/volleyball practice and watch TV on the couch with my husband until we go to bed. Then, I watch football on TV all weekend. I'm starting to think that my brain cells are slowly dying from all this TV intake. I've decided that I'm going to go buy a new book this week and get back into reading.
7. Have you noticed all the insane colors/patterns that duct tape comes in now? Whatever happened to plain silver duct tape? Why couldn't I have been the genius that thought to make duct tape in different colors? That person is making bank now.
8. Since I am Teacher of the Year at my school, I get my own parking spot. Unfortunately, this parking spot is more of a curse than a blessing. The spot is right in front of the school; however, I always have to jump through hoops to try and actually park in it. No matter what time I get to school in the morning, someone is always blocking my spot. Parents dropping off kids, co-workers clocking in, and district maintenance people all pull up and park temporarily behind my spot. They aren't blocking the entire lane of traffic, but they are always positioned behind my spot just enough so that I am unable to swing my SUV out enough to make it in between the shrubbery and my principal's car. So I either have to circle the parking lot over and over again waiting for people to move or attempt to park which results in me having to pull in and out of the spot like 6 times in order to get it in there straight without hitting anything. The icing on the cake...there is a perfectly good "drop off loop" a mere
20 feet beyond this area that everyone seems to have deemed a parking spot. Ultimately, I end up being super irritated every morning before I even walk in the door at work.
9. Today is my friend, Christina McGuire's birthday! She also just delivered her first baby, Ava, on Friday night! She has had a pretty big week and I hope she has a wonderful day with her little girl. Happy Birthday Christina!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1. I agree with your opinion about T.Swift completely. 2. Halloween is the worst holiday to decorate for because it's so short lived. 3. If you haven't tried Southern Tier Pumpking, you've got to! It's my favorite pumpkin beer but it is high in ABV so be careful. Have a great Monday!
ReplyDelete