Monday, November 26, 2012

Our Thanksgiving

Here's a little recap of our Thanksgiving holiday in pictures...

My hubby and I hosted Thanksgiving at our house this year

The morning started off with mimosas and our traditional holiday morning breakfast: kielbasa sandwiches. In case you've never had one before, it is a Polish tradition and Jared's mom's side of the family is Polish. You put butter, mustard and kielbasa sausage on a potato roll...it sounds kind of weird but it is really delicious. I was apprehensive the first time I had one, but now Jared and I have carried on the tradition and every morning of a holiday we eat kielbasa sandwiches for breakfast.

Table #1 all set and ready for Thanksgiving dinner!

We had 15 people eat Thanksgiving dinner at our house this year and it was a tight squeeze. 

The beautiful centerpiece my aunt sent us because she was unable to make the trip to spend the holiday with us. Side note: every time I see a cornucopia, I can't help but think about The Hunger Games :)

Table #2

Left to right - Jared's dad, his aunt, Jared, his mom, his sister, my mom and me!

Jared's aunt, sister, mom and me

Yes, my sister-in-law and I have the exact same boots...we bought them together last Black Friday

Jared was in charge of deep frying the turkeys

Jared and his sister, Erika


We officially survived the first major holiday without my dad. The blessing before dinner was pretty rough, but luckily God has blessed me with an amazing husband who didn't hesitate to step up to the plate and lead the blessing in a moment that was very difficult for all of us. Happy Thanksgiving!

5 comments:

  1. I cry reading every blog... :) Always tears of joy, pride and love...
    God has Blessed "my" family with an amazing daughter-in-love, and "her" family. We have all seemed to become "one family." Rocky is missed and loved every day.
    I am forever thankful for our loving, beautiful famiy. I love you Jacki. xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it was lovely!
    Ps. Love your centerpiece :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending you lots of love and prayers during this holiday season. Rocky is still there and watching over you all.
    We love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great holiday. My husband's family eats polish sausage for breakfast too. But he prefers it with "secret sauce" aka maple syrup. Yuck. I like it with mustard though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww Jared, I'm sure his blessing was beautiful. we miss you Rock!!

    ReplyDelete