Monday, November 19, 2012

Mash-Up Monday

It's Monday people...but at least it is a holiday week which means days off of work! I only have to survive 2 days of work this week and then I am off for 6 days in a row, yippie! I have a lot of topics planned for this week that I want to write about, but you know I always have to do my weekly brain dump on Monday morning before I can get to writing about the good stuff.


1. Jared and I are hosting Thanksgiving this year and I am pretty nervous excited about it. We will have at least 14 (maybe a few more) people eating at our house for this occasion and we have a pretty tiny house. It will be a tight squeeze, but I'm glad that everyone is going to be there. In fact, I had to go to Pottery Barn yesterday and buy a few more dishes to match our set because we don't own enough plates to feed all these people at one time. And I refuse to allow my guests to eat Thanksgiving dinner on paper plates or mismatching dishes.

This is what my Thanksgiving table is going to look like. Not. Dare to dream. Unfortunately, I do not live in the Pottery Barn catalog like I wish I did so this is not my reality. When I win the lottery, I am hiring Pottery Barn to come decorate my house for every holiday. 

2. Did anyone watch the Sunday night NFL game last night ? It was the Steelers vs. someone. I honestly can't remember who they were playing because I was so distracted the entire time by the Steelers and their heinous uniforms. They looked like prisoners. I know that a lot of teams have been doing special throwback uniforms throughout the season, but the Steelers definitely should have left those uniforms in whatever decade they came from.

Seriously Pittsburgh? You look stupid. 

3. If there is a Jersey Mike's where you live and you have never been before...Go. Now. Their subs are so delicious...more delicious than any sub I have ever had in my life. I wish I was eating one right now.

4. Women of the world...does your husband/boyfriend/significant other participate in this "No Shave November" nonsense? I get that it is for Prostate Cancer Awareness, but us poor girls have to suffer all month long because of this. Thankfully, my husband can actually grow a beard pretty well and not look completely ridiculous so I guess I really don't have much to complain about. If he was one of those men who's facial hair grows in weird patches and such, this would not be happening. Honestly though, do you want to know my real reasoning for allowing him to participate in "No Shave November"? Two years ago was the first time he participated and FSU beat UF for the first time in 6 years. Last year, we beat them again and the beard was there. So now I am superstitious. I just know that if I don't let him grow the beard and we lose to UF then the loss is going to be blamed on me because I didn't let him grow the damn beard. So on Saturday we will be traveling to Tallahassee for the FSU vs. UF game, full beard ready to go. Let's just hope it brings my Seminoles as much good luck as I believe it does.


5. I promise that this is the first and last time I will ever talk about Twilight on my blog. Promise. I saw the final Twilight movie yesterday with my sister-in-law and mother-in-law. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised by how good it was. I read the Twilight saga back in college simply because everyone was doing it and I love to read so when people starting going crazy over a book I just have to read it and see what the big deal is. The books were alright...not really terrible, but definitely not on my list of favorites. I seriously disliked the 4th book, Breaking Dawn. It just seemed to go on forever, never-ending, and when I did finally get to end, I was disappointed. I distinctly remember getting to the last page of the book and thinking to myself, "that's it?". When the movies started coming out, I would go see them simply because I felt like I read the books so I needed to see the movies. The first movie was pretty good, but all the ones after that were just bad. Therefore, going into this movie yesterday I was not expecting much. I hated the second half of this book and the last three movies were nothing great...so my expectations were low. However, they really did a good job with this movie. I must say that it was a pretty good end to the saga. Two random Twilight-related thoughts and then I will never speak of it again on the blog...#1 Kristen Stewart looks so much better as a vampire. Pale and natural (like in the all the other movies) is not a good look for her. #2 How on Earth could anyone be Team Edward? Taylor Lautner is so ridiculously good looking. The choice is obvious.


Have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment