Monday, November 12, 2012

Mash-Up Monday

No work for me today. Thank you Veterans! I think I will spend my day off cleaning, organizing and getting things ready for the work week. Sounds pretty exciting right?


1. I feel bad for Thanksgiving. It is seriously the most neglected holiday ever. This makes me particularly angry because it is one of my favorite holidays. I feel like I am the only person that actually decorates for Thanksgiving. It seems like as soon as Halloween is over, everyone puts out their Christmas decorations. Hello?! Thanksgiving hasn't even happened yet, how can it be Christmas already? I understand that the malls and stores are going to decorate for Christmas early, I get that. But that is just because they want to one-up each other with their holiday sales and not really care about celebrating the holiday itself. I absolutely refuse to decorate for Christmas until Thanksgiving is officially over. One holiday at a time people.

2. Sometimes I wonder about people. Like did your mama teach you any manners? Obviously not. Maybe it's just because I have Southern values, but I'm pretty sure that it is frowned upon to talk about certain topics in mixed company or in the workplace. Those of you who work in an environment where everyone takes lunch or breaks together probably understand this all too well. In case your mama did not teach you this, allow me to enlighten you. If you and you co-workers only have say 30 minutes per day to relax and enjoy your lunch (like I do), you should probably stay away from topics such as race, religion and politics. Especially when you know good and well that a portion of the people sitting around you have different views than you do. Now, I have absolutely no problem with discussing such topics intelligently. However, there is a time and a place for everything. During my very short lunch break is not the time. If you think that Obama is wonderful, then that's great and I'm glad that you are happy with the job he has done, but I don't want to listen to you go on and on incessantly for 30 minutes about how amazing he is while I'm trying to enjoy my lunch...especially when you know that half the people sitting around you can't stand him. Just like I would never talk about how much I don't like him in mixed company because I know that some people would be offended. It's common courtesy and some of us actually have manners.

3. So my three favorite men in country music got together and wrote a song. It's magical. You may have seen them perform it recently on the CMA Awards, but now it is being played on the radio and every time I hear it I melt a little on the inside. Dear God, please let them make a music video for this. Until then, we can enjoy their CMA Awards performance...

    

4. How intense was that Alabama vs. Texas A&M game on Saturday? Holy cow. I'm secretly kind of happy that A&M won the game because at the beginning of the season all the other SEC fans were talking crap about how they don't belong in the SEC and such...well, how 'bout them apples? It was a great game and I think they deserved the win. So my best friend and I absolutely love Dolly Parton and one of our all time favorite Dolly Parton movies is "The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas", staring her and Burt Reynolds. If you have never seen it, go rent it now. Obviously the movie is about a brothel which is named "the chicken ranch" and at one point in the movie there is a tradition that if the Texas A&M football team wins this big Thanksgiving game, then they get to make a visit to the chicken ranch. There is a ridiculous song and dance number that accompanies the big win and on Saturday night when the Aggies beat Bama, all I could think about was this scene from the movie...

(Warning: this clip contains brief shots of some naked-man-butts. If you don't want to see that, then skip the first minute of the clip. You have been warned. Sorry for the naughtiness on the blog today.)
 

Now I'm really in the mood to watch this entire movie...I just love a good 80's movie. In case you have never seen it, here's a little "trailer" for it so you can see what you are missing out on. Happy Monday!


Sorry about the unnecessary number of YouTube videos on my post today. Hope you weren't trying to read this at work. If so, you might want to delete your browsing history on your work computer now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment