Monday, September 19, 2011

Fabulous Fall Challenge: Day 1

In an attempt to get back on my regular blogging schedule I have decided that I am going to get on board with a link up from Neely and Amber called the Fabulous Fall Blog Challenge. This is a two week link up that features different fall related topics each day. We'll see exactly how many of the days I actually end up posting for. But honestly, I have nothing else better to blog about so why not!


Fabulous Fall Blog Challenge

Today's topic is Fall Traditions!

I'm pretty sure that I have made it perfectly clear by now that I absolutely love fall. We all know that no good season is complete without it's own traditions. So here are some of my favorite fall traditions!

Florida State Football 
From tailgating and gameday dresses to Chief Osceola and Renegade, nothing makes me happier in the fall than some good ole' Florida State football. Speaking of traditions, did I mention that FSU's Chief Osceola and Renegade were voted the #1 Tradition in College Football :)


Fall Decor
I love decorating my house with tons of fall decor. Especially because it goes so well with garnet and gold :) I've already got my fall wreath on the front door which is of course FSU themed. Plus, I love to get the cinnamon broomsticks and pumpkin spice candles and just make my house smell like fall heaven. Yum.
 

Thanksgiving
Let's see...food + drinking + football + family + no school = the best holiday ever! I just love Thanksgiving. Plus, this holiday is like a 3 day affair in my family because Thanksgiving is always followed by Black Friday shopping and the FSU vs. Florida game on Saturday. It is the epitome of fall goodness and it comes with so many traditions itself...it just makes me happy :)


Hunting
Down here in the South, not only does fall bring us Football Season but it also brings Hunting Season. There's nothing quite like trekking through the woods at 8am in the cold with the dogs shooting things. It's magical. Plus, I can't make my famous venison chili if no one kills me a deer to make it with...ok, that last part was a little much, sorry :)
 

Bonfires
Surprisingly enough, it does actually get cold enough here in North Florida for a bonfire. We spend many evenings once it gets cold sitting around the bonfire. Most of the time we just enjoy a glass of wine, but sometimes we actually cook our entire dinner over the bonfire and it tastes so delicious. 


I am also currently experiencing another fall tradition that I am not so fond of...getting sick. Around this time every year, my body wants to get a cold but I am desperately trying to fight the early symptoms this time. I hope your Monday wasn't too painful and have a great rest of the week! 

1 comment:

  1. I *love* this post! I'm glad you're attempting the challenge -- try to finish it, I'd love to learn more -- your blog/writing is awesome:)

    PS: Feel better soon =/

    ReplyDelete