
Friday, September 30, 2011
Fabulous Fall Challenge: Day 10
Happy Friday! Today is the final day of Neely and Amber's Fabulous Fall Blog Challenge...sad face. However, I am proud of myself for actually completing it. I can't believe that tomorrow is the first day of October. I am so excited and ready to get my house all decorated!

Today's Topic is Thanksgiving Memories
I seriously love Thanksgiving! Any holiday that involves lots of food, family and football is definitely at the top of my list. I have had a lot of great Thanksgivings, especially since Jared and I got married. We always do joint-family Thanksgiving now and it is so much fun!
Before I get to the fun stuff, here is a story about my most "memorable" Thanksgiving...
One year when I was in elementary school, we spent Thanksgiving with some family friends at their house. I was playing in the backyard with the other kids and they had a hammock on their deck. We were all swinging on the hammock and when I tried to get off the hammock, my foot got stuck and I fell face first into the wood deck. I ran inside, crying, and looked in the mirror. My mouth was full of blood and my two front teeth were gone. The parents were outside trying to find my teeth, but they couldn't find anything. Upon further investigation, they discovered that my two front teeth were, in fact, still in my mouth. Apparently when I hit my face on the deck, my two front teeth got shoved up into my gums. Luckily, my good friend Lindsay's dad is an oral surgeon so we sped over to their house and interrupted their Thanksgiving dinner. I lied up on the kitchen table while he numbed my mouth and pulled my teeth down out of my gums and into their regular position. My mom was in hysterics and my dad was fainting on the couch. My friend, Lindsay, was standing next to me watching the whole thing...I guess she knew what her calling was even then, since she is in PA school now. That was probably the worst, yet most memorable, Thanksgiving I have ever had.
Luckily, I haven't had an exciting Thanksgiving like that since then. Here are some happier Thanksgiving memories to redeem myself after that horrifying story...
Hosting our first Thanksgiving in our house!
Here are some of my favorite things about Thanksgiving...
Deep frying the turkey
Making brandy slush
Quail hunting
Premiere of the Christmas lights in St. Augustine
FSU vs. UF football game
All the delicious food of course!
Happy Thanksgiving!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





so cute Jacki :) I love all the pics and your story! ps adorable blog! xo
ReplyDelete