Monday, September 26, 2011

Fabulous Fall Challenge: Day 6

Another week is upon us, meaning it is time to kick off the second week of the Fabulous Fall Blog Challenge with Neely and Amber. Today's post is all about the upcoming TV lineup for fall! 


Fabulous Fall Blog Challenge

Today's topic is Fall TV Shows
 
Shows I love...

Gossip Girl
I am literally counting down the minutes until the season premiere. I remember watching the very first episode of Gossip Girl and being instantly hooked. It is one of my absolute favorite shows on television and it is so addicting. 


Parenthood
This show makes me laugh and cry all in the same episode. It is the perfect reminder that there is no such thing as the "perfect" family. 

Boardwalk Empire
HBO makes a really good TV series...except for TrueBlood, thank god that is over. Anyways, I always love shows that take place in a different time period and have a little bit of that historical element. Plus, this show has casinos, brothels, prohibition and gangsters...what's not to love!    

Happy Endings
My husband refers to this show as the "new generation of Friends" which is a pretty bold statement, but I would have to agree with him. It's about 6 friends living in the city, two of them are married to each other...etc, etc...sound familiar? Either way, it is absolutely hysterical and awkward and I love it.  

Modern Family
Hands down, the best show on television. The End.


Shows I wish would get cancelled...

Dancing With the Stars
Well now it's more like "Dancing with Random People" because nobody on this show is a real celebrity. As someone who actually has a background in dance, I simply cannot watch this show. It is far too painful.  

Desperate Housewives
I think it's time for Desperate Housewives to throw in the towel. I watched probably 4 episodes of this show when it first came out, and I had to stop watching it because I could literally feel my brain cells dying while watching this show. It is just way too ridiculous. 

Two and a Half Men
I do not know why people are so obsessed with this show, I think it is stupid. At least they got rid of Charlie Sheen though. He is so annoying. 

The X-Factor
Even though there has only been one episode of this show, it already needs to be cancelled. It is like American Idol's ugly step-sister. Personally, I can't stand all these singing shows like American Idol, and The X-Factor has just taken reality talent shows to the next level of terrible.


Jared and I have also started watching Up All Night and Whitney which are pretty funny and entertaining so far. I can't wait for the season premiere of Gossip Girl tonight! Enjoy all of the wonderful fall TV!

3 comments:

  1. I love Modern Family too & I completely agree that Dancing With the Stars should be canceled! I've gotten so tired of hearing about it. Oh & I've just passed along a blog award to you! Please see my blog for the details: http://simplysouthernme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love parenthood too! it reminds me of my big family (although we don't have as much drama in our family).

    cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally with you on the show I wish would get canceled! it's amazing some are still on!

    {I'm having a Kate Spade giveaway right now & would love to see you there! amyreneonline.com}

    ReplyDelete