We drove over to Tallahassee on Friday after work. Upon arriving in town, we went straight to Ken's for some happy hour festivities.
After some beers, we picked up Pizza Hut and went to the house to get everything prepared for the game the next day. Jared and Mark were cooking and packing up our coolers with over 300 cans of beer...I know, it's a little ridiculous...
Saturday morning, the boys arrived at our tailgating spot at 7am when the lot opened. Us girls opted to sleep in a little later and arrived at the tailgate around 9:30am. It was easy to spot our tailgate from the road seeing as how we have this snazzy custom banner now...
This game was particularly exciting because ESPN College Gameday came to Tallahassee! Even though it was super packed, we just had to go experience it.
After checking out the College Gameday set, we went back to our tailgating festivities. However, Casey and I just had to stop by Phi Mu for a quick visit.
Back at the tailgate, we were enjoying all the delicious treats that everyone contributed including the 10 pounds of pulled BBQ pork that Jared made. We tailgated for 12 hours before the game and 2 hours after the game...we're tailgating professionals :)
The Kappa Sigma alums
Finally, it was game time! There was a presentation before the game awarding Chief Osceola and Renegade as the "#1 Tradition in College Football".
The game was epic. Doak Campbell Stadium had record attendance for this game...84,392. Everyone was yelling and cheering for the entire game. I have never heard a stadium get so loud. I'm pretty sure that I won't be able to talk tomorrow, but it was worth it. Even though we lost the game, I still had an amazing time. The 'Noles played a great game despite all the injuries and bad calls that we suffered. I think we put up a good fight considering we were playing the #1 ranked team in the nation. This game was an experience that I will never forget.
The 'Noles are on the road for the next few games, so we won't be returning to Tallahassee until late October. Next weekend they take on Clemson in Death Valley and I can't wait to watch! Have a great week everyone. Go Noles!



No comments:
Post a Comment