Monday, September 5, 2011

FSU vs. ULM

This weekend was a glorious kickoff to football season! We spent Saturday and Sunday in good ole' Tallahassee watching our Seminoles deliver a shutout to Louisiana-Monroe.


We drove over to Tallahassee on Saturday morning with the McGuires and Boden, and the car ride was definitely not lacking in pure entertainment. There's even a video documenting Boden's antics on Christina's Facebook page, but I will save him from further embarrassment and not post it on my blog. You're welcome.


Once arriving in Tallahassee, it was time to get our tailgating on. We are still in the same Booster parking spot as we were last year, on the top deck of the Medical School parking garage. It's nice and breezy up there and we have a great view of campus. The usual tailgating activities ensued...grilling, drinking, corn hole, Thunderstruck, and jamming out with our new PA system.


Mrs. McGuire and I

Oh yeah and those cool guys in the matching tank tops are our husbands


Game time finally arrived and we made our way into Doak Campbell Stadium. We even made it to the game early enough to watch Chief Osceola plant the spear in the middle of the field, yay!



It literally felt like it was 1,000 degrees in that stadium, and despite the sunscreen that I did actually put on, I could feel my skin burning. So at halftime, Christina, Emily and I left the game and headed back to the tailgate. We took Jared's truck, made a beer run and then came back to set the tailgate back up. It was much cooler where we were, plus we had beer and free food, it was definitely worth leaving the game.


As the 4th quarter came to a close, everyone else started arriving back at our tailgate and was excited to see that we had already replenished the beer supply. Our post-game tailgate continued for another two hours or so, until we were ready to pick up some pizza and go home.


We had a great time at the game and the Seminoles shutout Louisiana-Monroe in a 34-0 victory. We will be back in Tallahassee in two weeks when our 'Noles take on the Oklahoma Sooners live on ESPN's College Gameday. I hope everyone had a great weekend. Go Noles!

No comments:

Post a Comment