Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

Today is Mother's Day! While I'm not officially a mother yet, I still really like this holiday because everyone needs to show their mommy how much they appreciate her. When I think about all the things my mom has done for my brother and I over the years, one day is really not enough. 

Mommy and me at my brother's wedding in 2009

Even though I'm not a mother, I do actually have a cute Mother's Day story for this year. On Friday, the students in my 4th period class were packing up to go home and a bunch of them started coming up to me giving me a hug and saying, "Happy Mother's Day". Of course, I said thank you but reminded them that I'm not actually a mother. They all turned and looked at me and said, "yes you are, you're our mother and we love you". I literally almost cried. As they walked out the door to go home, the hugs and "Happy Mother's Day" greetings continued and I was reminded at that moment of why I love my job. I realized that you don't have to be biologically related to someone to be like a mother to them. So I guess I do get to celebrate Mother's Day this year in honor of my 96 children. 

To all the mothers out there, especially my own, thank you for all that you do for your children. There is absolutely no way that we could ever repay you, so we will simply pass on your love and wisdom to our own children. I know I always say that I have the hardest and most important job in the world as a teacher, but I really think that mothers truly hold that title. I look forward to being a mother one day and hope that I will be able to do as good of a job at raising my children as my own mother did.

Happy Mothers Day

Be sure to thank your mom and wish her a Happy Mother's Day today. If you are lucky enough to be able to see your mom today, enjoy spending time with her. Happy Mother's Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment