Friday, May 4, 2012

High Five for Friday

Happy Friday everyone! I'm trying out a new link-up this week because sometimes we just need a little change :) I am linking up with Lauren today for her weekly High Five for Friday post. Essentially, you reflect on your week and write about your five favorite things that came from it. Here goes nothing... 


Here is my top 5 this week...

1. I have been taking these stupid Reading Competency classes for the past 3 years in an attempt to get my Reading Endorsement added to my Teaching Certificate. I turned in my final portfolio this week and my instructor called me today to tell me that I passed and I am officially Reading Endorsed!

2. I am doing a novel study with my students on Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl, so I started introducing the Holocaust to them today. They were so interested in learning about it, and we had such insightful and intelligent conversation about it. They are so excited about reading the book, which makes me really excited too!

3. I finally hung up curtains (well, valances actually) in my kitchen. The decor in there finally looks complete...after 3 years.

4. My tan is finally starting to come back! I got to go to the beach twice this past weekend and it was amazing!

5. I got to go back to Tallahassee this past weekend as well. My sister-in-law graduated from Florida State University with her Masters in Social Work. She is thebomb.com

I would post pictures of all these lovely events on here, but I already did that on my weekly Project 365 post yesterday. You can check it out here: Project 365 - Week 18

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your Reading Endorsement! And isn't Anne Frank fascinating?!

    Megan @ Storybook Love Affair

    ReplyDelete