I was nominated by Kim from Pink, Pearls and Polka Dots for a Liebster Award!
The Liebster Blog Award is for bloggers with 200 or less followers. Here is how it works:
1. Choose five up and coming blogs to give the award to, must have 200 or less followers.
2. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
3. Post the award on your blog.
4. List the blogs you gave the award to with links to their sites. Leave a comment on their blog to let them know they have received the award.
5. Share five random facts about yourself.
I am going to pass this award along to some of my fabulous Phi Mu sorority sisters!
Casey at Simmering Sass
Meghan at The Life of Mugs
Jen at Food, Love, & Life
Amanda at Cooking with Love
Taylor at Eat.Spin.Go.
Now, here are five random facts about me...
1. I was an English Literature major in college. Why, you might ask? Simply because I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life and I really like English. I figured it was something that I could easily make good grades in, get a degree and then figure out what to do with my life. Now, I'm an English teacher.
2. My husband and I met in a bar. Yes, a bar. And not even a nice bar, like a trashy, college-town bar. So it's not very classy or romantic, but that is how it happened. Plus, I love that bar and my husband. Fate :)
3. I am a little bit of a redneck at heart. I was also a little bit of a tomboy as a kid. Yes, I had Barbies and took ballet, but I also loved to do boy things. I blame all of that on my older brother. I only have one sibling and when we were little I wanted to do everything that my brother did. Thus, I became the little girl that liked to go bass fishing, dress up in football pads, play baseball (not softball because underhand pitching was for sissy girls) and even traded in my tutu for a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle ensemble for Halloween one year. To this day, I love to go hunting and hang out with the boys. Plus, I'm not a bad shot with a shotgun :)
4. I took Italian in college because I went on a trip to Italy for high school graduation and instantly became obsessed with Italy and wanted to learn Italian. Three semesters of Italian in college and I can currently say only a handful of phrases. Guess if you don't use it, you lose it. I keep saying that I want to pick it back up sometime...we'll see if that ever actually happens.
5. I used to have blonde hair. I know, craziness. I look back at pictures of blonde me now and it's so weird. As a kid, I had platinum blonde hair. Then when I was around 15, my hair started getting darker and so I started highlighting it. Right after my 21st birthday, I decided that I was sick of coloring my hair because it was expensive and a pain in the ass. On a whim, I went to my hairstylist and told her to dye my entire head the color of my roots...and here we are.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



.jpg)



I met my husband at a bar, too! Sometimes I'm embarrassed to tell the story. It's not like we were sloppy drunk or anything. But I feel like people are so "judgy" when you say you met at a bar, they think you were doing bad things or something! We met at our favorite country bar in my hometown (Orange Park, FL) and wouldn't change it for anything! :)
ReplyDeletePS - love your brown hair best! :)