Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Our Anniversary

Today, we are celebrating our 3 year wedding anniversary! I can hardly believe that 3 years have already passed since our big day.

I wrote a blog post all about our special day on our anniversary last year, so if you want to read a little flashback to our wedding day here it is: Today Was A Fairytale


These past three years have been absolutely everything I could have ever hoped for and more. Mind you, not every single day is rainbows and sunshine, but overall I would say that I am a very blessed woman. My husband and I are not one for spending money on each other, we just go do something fun together instead. So in lieu of a four dollar Hallmark card, I decided to dedicate my blog to my awesome husband today.

Here is an entertaining little thank you letter I wrote to my husband on this, our anniversary...

Dear Jared,
        Thank you for being a wonderful husband. You take such good care of me and you are always so sweet and loving. After all, someone in this relationship has to be romantic and we all know that it's not going to be me. Thank you for being a great father to our puppies - cleaning up their gross kennels when they barf in the middle of the night, taking them hunting and showing Sadie love even when she is bad...which is all the time. Thank you for always cooking dinner for us, simply because you are faster and better at it than I am. Thank you for attempting to teach me how to eat healthier, even though I fiercely reject it.  
        Thank you for accepting the fact that if it is 100 degrees outside, I am going to stay in the truck and drink beer while you go stand in the heat for four hours just to watch FSU play football. Thank you for not getting mad when your non-iron Brooks Brothers shirts are all wrinkled because I forgot to take them out of the dryer. Thank you for giving me and hug and handing me a glass of wine when I come home from a bad day at work. Thank you for listening to my crazy stories about my students. Thank you for always offering to help me grade papers. Thank you for jamming out to my really bad music choices in the car with me because you know it makes me happy. 
        Thank you for understanding that when I get together with my sorority sisters, we are going to act like stupid 18 year old girls all over again. Thank you for always pointing out everything you see that has a quatrefoil on it and buying every piece of home decor that I find with a quatrefoil on it. Thank you for providing me with the opportunity to practice my motherhood skills on your drunken fraternity brothers. Thank you for not playing video games in our house because you know I detest them. Thank you for accepting the fact that everything in our house is going to be monogrammed. Thank you for always doing the math for me. Thank you for buying me a china cabinet full of china that I never use just because I felt like it was an integral part of the dining room. 
        Thank you for accepting my blogging/crafting addictions. Thank you for always putting on a smile and posing for a picture with me, just because you know how much I love to take pictures. Thank you for always being silly with me and making me laugh. I'm sure that my parents would take this opportunity to thank you for taking me off of their payroll and removing my messy self from their house. Thank you for always loving me, supporting me, appreciating me and just being the best husband ever. xoxo
Love, Jacki

Happy Anniversary to me! Here's to many, many more :) 

2 comments:

  1. Lol - totally relate to most of this, the cooking, leaving clothes in the dryer, quat addiction, awkward crafting/blogging problem...thank goodness they put up with us.

    Happy Anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I changed the name Jared to Travis, i could basically give this letter to my finaceand it would all still be true! Seriously, all of it fromt he students to the laundry! Aren't we lucky to have boys that just "go with it"?? My mom reminds me all the time that he is a saint. ha!

    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete