Friday, August 5, 2011

Book Club

Happy Friday! Since I just finished reading a good book, I wanted to share it for Book Club Friday. So today I'm linking up with Heather, a fellow Phi Mu, at Blonde...Undercover Blonde for her weekly Book Club post.


This week I'm sharing...
Here's the synopsis...
Roxanne: glamorous, self-confident, with a secret lover -- a married man
Maggie: capable and high-achieving, until she finds the one thing she can't cope with -- motherhood
Candice: honest, decent, or so she believes -- until a ghost from her past turns up
At the first of every month, when the office has reached its pinnacle of hysteria, Maggie, Roxanne, and Candice meet at London's swankiest bar for an evening of cocktails and gossip. Here, they chat about what's new at The Londoner, the glossy fashion magazine where they all work, and everything else that's going on in their lives. Or almost everything. Beneath the girl talk and the laughter, each of the three has a secret. And when a chance encounter at the cocktail bar sets in motion an extraordinary chain of events, each one will find their biggest secret revealed.
In Cocktails for Three, Madeleine Wickham combines her trademark humor with remarkable insight to create an edgy, romantic tale of secrets, strangers, and a splash of scandal.
via Barnes & Noble

I really enjoyed this book because it was a fun, easy read...your typical chick lit. I really identified with the character Maggie because she is so organized and well put together in every aspect of her life, except motherhood. I feel like that is how I am going to be whenever I have kids. She is absolutely terrified about being pregnant because she feels unprepared and has no idea what she is doing. Yeah, that will be me...I am so not a baby person. When someone comes close to me with a baby, I run in the other direction. I love how Maggie deals with being a clueless mother who is just trying to figure out what the hell she is doing...that will definitely be me one day. Each of the characters in this book is so dynamic in her own way, I loved them all. So if you're looking for a good beach read to finish out your summer, pick this one up. 

5 comments:

  1. I love Madeline Wickham! Such a great pick.

    Thank you for linking up!! LIOB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea that Sophie Kinsella was a pen name!! I love the Shopaholic series and this sounds just like one of them. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds great! I am putting it on my list. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this on my list to read. Sounds like a cute book! Love your blog name :) I am a big wine fan as well (if you can't tell from my blog title!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the shopaholic books by Kinsella, this one sounds like a fun read too. Not sure why she has to write as some other name though? I wonder why authors do that?

    ReplyDelete