As we inch closer to my favorite time of the year, I can't help but get excited! Are you ready for some football, because I sure am. In honor of the approaching football season, I'm linking up with Lindsey at Running Down a Dream today for her Show Us Your Team: Football Link-Up.
Shocking as it may be, I have absolutely no interest in NFL football. I really could care less. I live in Jacksonville and I like the economic benefits that the Jaguars bring to our city, but other than that I wouldn't consider myself a "fan". Here in the South, we live for college football.
For the next 4 months, my life will revolve around one thing...college football. I absolutely love getting up on Saturday mornings and turning on College Gameday. That intro music makes me feel all warm and tingly inside. My husband and I made sure not to get married during football season and we will see to it that none of our children are born during football season.
Now, onto my team...the Florida State Seminoles. My husband and I bleed garnet and gold, and we better considering how much money we invest in our Seminole Booster membership and season tickets every year. My husband and I both attended Florida State University and we love our Alma Mater!
I even made my own FSU football wreath that beautifies my front door all season long...
Of course the best part of gameday is the tailgating!
My husband is a master tailgater with the grill and the deep fryer!
Favorite football memory from last season..."A perfect day for Florida State football."
I can't wait to see what this year's season holds for my Seminoles.
Here is an entertaining video to get you pumped up for Florida State football: We the Seminoles. Although the song is really catchy, I am mildly annoyed by the lack of correct grammar. However, it is a rap song so I guess the lack of grammar is necessary.
Only 24 days left until college football kickoff. Go Noles!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













Awesome!! I am hoping to make it to two games this year! I'll bring the lobster tails again!! Loved "We the Seminoles!" I love MY Seminoles! --->
ReplyDeletegreat post!!! The only thing I like about football season is the tailgating!!! although ASU is not the best team :(
ReplyDeleteI like FLorida state over Florida anyday!
ReplyDeleteFound you through the link up! I'm an FSU alum also and I love the Noles! I also live in Jacksonville but I love the Jags too :)
ReplyDeleteGoodness, so glad you commented on my blog so I could come find yours...it is so fun and too cute (besides, of course, all that FSU-ness I see going on)! I will be linking up very soon. Have a great week!
ReplyDeleteAhem, GO CLEMSON! :)
Texas fan here, but I LOVE your wreath!!! I may have to attempt one of my own.
ReplyDeleteYAY !!! Go Noles my husband and I are displaced Noles living in Texas!!!
ReplyDeleteOh my, you are too cute! I need to make a wreath like that for my Panthers :)
ReplyDeleteI'm the exact opposite. I love NFL and hate college (probably because my husband is a Duke football fan - I mean, come on!)
Thanks for linking up!! Sorry it took so long for me to get around to your post! Loved it!