Monday, August 8, 2011

Jackson's Baptism

This weekend we got to be a part of a very special celebration. Our good friends Ryan (Jared's fraternity brother) and Mary Ann Bush baptized their son Jackson at St. Joseph's Catholic Church in Jacksonville.


Jared and I first met Jackson when he was only 2 days old

The baptism was held in the small historical church at St. Joseph's and the ceremony was beautiful. Jackson was not too pleased about being dipped upside down for the priest to put the water on his head, but he was a good sport.


Jared and I were especially excited about this occasion because our good friends, the McGuires, came in town from South Florida to stay with us. Of course, Christina and I had to sport Lilly Pulitzer dresses to the baptism :)


After the baptism ceremony, the Bush Family held a reception at their home.


One of Jared's fraternity brothers, Christian, became Jackson's godfather at the baptism. He also moved back to Tallahassee yesterday and we will miss him dearly.


Jared and his Kappa Sigma brothers

It was a wonderful Saturday, spent with great friends. I can't believe that Jackson is almost 3 years old, time really does fly by. I hope that when I have kids, they have as many amazing people supporting them as Jackson does.


On Sunday morning, the girls went out to brunch while the boys played golf. It was a great ending to a fabulous weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment