I feel like every other blog I've read today is so happy and upbeat, and I'm just not in that kind of mood today. Now that it is August, everyone is gearing up to go back to school and get ready for fall and football season. Honestly, this is making me kind of sad and nostalgic because it brings back so many wonderful memories of my college experience. Don't get me wrong, I love my life and my husband and my job, but sometimes I do miss college a little bit. So my blog today is about what I am missing right now. The purpose of this is not for me to whine and complain, but it's more of a wake-up call to everyone I know that is still in college. Meaning, stop and enjoy the little things about college life because one day very soon, you'll be in the real world like the rest of us.
I'm missing my Phi Mu sisters more than anything in the world right now.
I'm missing walking uphill to the Williams Building everyday...I hated it then, but now I appreciate how beautiful that walk really is.
I'm missing Pamela (our house mom). She was such a pain sometimes, but she was always good for a laugh.
I'm missing holding hands and singing before dinner every night.
I'm missing standing on the lawn huddled together at 2am because the fire alarm was going off.
I'm missing someone else cleaning my bathroom for me. Thanks Elizabeth :)
I'm missing late plates. If only a tupperware full of food magically appeared in my fridge every night.
I'm missing pre-recruitment. It was always my favorite week of the entire school year.
I'm missing late night trips to the Circle K for coke icees.
I'm missing Ken's. The way it used to be.
I'm missing spontaneous week day trips to Georgia.
I'm missing laying on the hallway floor talking, laughing and eating cheez-its with my sisters.
I'm missing sitting on the TV room couch for hours in between classes.
I'm missing our bunk beds from room #13.
I'm missing afternoon naps.
I'm missing pokey sticks.
I'm missing eating grilled cheese sandwiches and baked potatoes for lunch every other day.
I'm missing waking up to the excitement of Gameday.
I'm missing decorating my room for recruitment.
I'm missing walking down the hallway to borrow a dress from my little's closet.
I'm missing the fact that it was raining outside as being a reasonable excuse for not going to school that day.
I'm missing painting banners. Why is it unacceptable for me to hang a birthday banner on the front of my house for myself now? Being an adult is lame.
I'm missing having 41 other roommates. There was always something fun going on and someone to hang out with.
I'm missing coming home everyday to this...
While my college years are long gone, I can still reminisce about them :) I so glad that football season is almost here so that I can be with my sisters and go back to visit the Phi Mu house.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Ah stop it Jacki! Come back and play then. :) You are to this day my favorite chapter President. Especially because you put up with my drunken freshman shenanigans at Kappa Sigma. LIOB <3
ReplyDeleteAww thanks Jen :) LIOB
ReplyDeleteawwww I miss all of this too!!!
ReplyDelete