Sunday, August 14, 2011

Summer Bucket List

At the beginning of my summer break, June 15th to be exact, I created a Summer Bucket List. Well today is the last day of my summer vacation, so let's see how I did.

Here is my original list...


The reason I'm doing this post is to prove exactly how terrible I am at following through on my goals and projects...see, finishing that scrapbooking project was a really big deal.

Here we go...

1. Get together with the girls more often. - uh kinda. Well a couple times, more than usual, but still not as much as I would like. We really need to stop going to happy hour with the boys and start our own happy hour.

2. Learn to play tennis. - Fail. Jared and I played tennis ONCE this entire summer. Sorry, but it is really hot and buggy in the evenings here in Florida.

3. Master the art of couponing. - um, sort of I guess. I wouldn't say that I "mastered" it, but at least now I actually look to see if there is a coupon for something that I need before going to the grocery store. That's definitely some improvement.

4. Exercise regularly. - That's a big, giant FAIL. Why do I hate exercising so much? Oh right, because I can eat McDonald's everyday and still be a size 4. Sorry, but it's true. However, I'll probably have a heart attack at 30. I seriously need to exercise.

5. Complete my Summer Reading List. - I got 2 out of 5 done, that's not...terrible. Honestly, I put off reading some of my summer reading books until school gets started and opted to read some trashy, beach reads instead. At least I was still reading :)


6. Visit our friends in South Florida. - CHECK! At least I succeeded at something on this checklist. We spent 4th of July weekend with Mark and Christina in Ft. Lauderdale.


7. Spend more time with my pups. - Check! So maybe this time would have been better spent taking them on walks or something, but they do like to lay out on the back patio with me while I tan...they told me :) But seriously, we did do a lot of frolicking around in the yard together this summer.


8. Find a summer job. - Check! I did manage to finally get a sweet job this summer working in model homes for a builder. They even said that I can work for them again next summer. Score.

9. Find places in Jacksonville to go hiking. - Well I did find some places that have hiking trails, but I didn't actually go to any of them...so I guess that doesn't really count. But the goal does only say "find" after all :)

10. Be outside as much as possible. - Check! Unless I was at work or it was raining, I was outside this entire summer. Hence my rockin' tan.


11. Brush up on my Italian. - Fail. I say random phrases in Italian all the time, but I really wanted to practice speaking it again. Jared and I are thinking about doing a little vacay to Southern Italy sometime in the not-so-terribly-distant-future, so I can brush up on it then.

12. Be a real tourist in St. Augustine. - Kinda. Casey and I did go to a cool touristy bar the last time we were there, but I still want to go to the lighthouse and do the trolley tour.


See, I told you...I'm so bad about actually completing goals. This is why I don't do things like diets, New Year's Resolutions or Lent. It's ok, I'm not going to dwell on the fact that I didn't complete my Summer Bucket List. I did finish two whole scrapbooks though! I feel like I should be able to substitute that project for something on my list that I didn't complete.


Well it's back to my real job tomorrow. Unfortunately, this probably means that I won't be blogging as much as I have been over the summer...sad face. I'll do my best to update pretty regularly. However, since tomorrow means the start of a new season (back-to-school), I will have a new blog template yay! It will be all kinds of back-to-schooly goodness. Get excited :)


 

2 comments:

  1. This was such a great idea. You should still be proud of yourself for completing as many of them as you did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of summer bucket lists! One of my blogging friends does monthly goals--I love that idea! :)

    ReplyDelete