I hope everyone had a fun weekend...in fact, mine is still happening! Jared took today off work because he has extra vacation days that he needs to take off and he had to go into work on Saturday because of the recent national debt drama. So we have just been hanging around the house today, getting some chores done and relaxing. It feels like a Sunday and oh how I love to just skip over Mondays and pretend like they never happened.
Since I have nothing better to talk about other than my weekend, let's do a recap...
On Friday night, we had our usual after work happy hour. However, this time we went to a restaurant I've never been to called Tilted Kilt. It's like Hooters, except skankier and with a Scottish twist. The waitresses wear these like little mini-kilts and tied up shirts...they look like they're auditioning for a Britney Spears video. Unfortunately, some of the girls that work there probably should not be wearing these outfits because they either have really large and oddly placed stomach tattoos or because they need to spend a little more time at the gym. Needless to say, the whole experience is quite entertaining...not only watching the girls that work there, but also watching the reactions from their male patrons.
On Saturday, Jared had to work and I had to do some assignments for my online classes...lame. But after Jared got off work, we went golfing. Apparently, golfing after 5pm is super cheap. Now when I say we went golfing, I mean Jared played golf and I just rode around in the cart boozing. However, this did give me an excuse to wear a cute outfit. You know how I love to dress in theme :)
Pink and white polo - Lacoste
Lime green and pink flamingo skirt - Ralph Lauren
Ok so maybe the Beretta hat is not in theme because they make shotguns, but whatever. It was either that or a camo Phi Mu hat, which would have really made me look like a redneck. I usually never talk about my outfits on my blog, but this outfit makes me happy because it is so bright and obnoxious so I needed some photographic documentation.
While this might not sound like a fun time, I really enjoyed riding around in the golf cart. The sun was setting over the golf course which made for some pretty scenery and we brought our own bar. So my job was to guard the cart and make cocktails. Here I am hard at work...
Jared would kill me if he knew I took pictures of him golfing, but I thought this one looked cool with the sun setting in the background.
I managed to escape the golf outing with minimal bug bites, which is quite a feat for me. We had a great time together, and maybe next time I'll even let Jared teach me how to play...oh wouldn't that be hilarious to witness.
Last night, Jared and I went to St. Augustine for some cocktails and dinner. I just love going to St. Augustine, it's like being on vacation. We went to all my local favorites, as usual :)


OMG, the Tilted Kilts here in DFW are awful. However, it is some of the best people watching - ever!
ReplyDeleteWe have a tilted kilt here and I've never been. I have to admit, I've had no desire to go...and now I have an even greater desire not to go!
ReplyDelete