I have been so busy for the past two days! Pre-planning for school has been kicking my butt. I love how obnoxiously decorated my classroom is, but the actual act of putting up all that decor is exhausting. I'll post some before and after photos of my classroom once it is completely finished.
I absolutely loving making new things for my classroom and I have to make everything my own creation. If the school gives us something to hang up in our classrooms, I can't just hang it up the way it is. I have to take it home and put my own little spin on it before I can allow it to grace the walls of my classroom.
Tonight I made a fun new classroom aide and I'm really excited about it. It is for Bloom's Taxonomy which is a way of categorizing the ways in which we learn. It is important for teachers and students to understand what types of activities and thinking promote certain kinds of learning. So I made this helpful aide as a resource for myself and my students.
Hopefully you can appreciate my witty interpretation of Bloom's name...
I can't wait to hang it up in my classroom tomorrow! Pre-planning is going really well and I can't wait to get this school year started.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I love it! I am working toward my Bachelor's in Elementary Education, and we are learning about Bloom's Taxonomy and lesson planning this week! So exciting!
ReplyDeleteHope you don't mind that I saved a copy of your pic to help me through the lessons this week!
I love your creative spin on Bloom's! I'm teaching 8th grade science in Denver and prepping for my first day of school (ever) as a teacher! I've been busy just cleaning the crap out of my room that was left by many years of previous teachers and will be using your posts to inspire more creativity while I set up! Good luck this year and Go Noles! -Rachael Ferris
ReplyDelete