Sorry that I have been MIA from the blogging world recently, but this week has been super busy. I managed to survive the first week back to school, hooray! I am exhausted. Sitting on my lazy butt all summer was not good preparation for going back to school. I was so tired every night this week and I am already loosing my voice. I am very happy to have a break this weekend and be able to relax and do nothing.
My students are great so far, only a couple that could potentially become trouble-makers...but I already called their parents this week, so I nipped that in the bud :) You would think that being one of the teachers with experience at your school would make you have less work, but it doesn't. When you actually know what you are doing, the administrators put you in charge of stuff and everyone asks you for help. Don't get me wrong, I love helping everyone at my school, in fact I would probably be bored if I wasn't constantly running all around that school doing 50 different things at once.
I am especially loving my department team this year. We have a great group of 6th grade Language Arts teachers who are all very enthusiastic and ready to work. We all seem to collaborate well so that should take a lot of the work off of individual teachers.
Of course, teaching in a Title 1 middle school comes with a lot of excitement and drama. I think that is why I enjoy it so much though. If I just showed up everyday and taught ELA to a bunch of little perfect robots, I think I would be really bored at work.
I am looking forward to really getting to know my students and working with our awesome faculty this year! Let's hope that the next 35 weeks of school are a good as the first one was...and a little less exhausting :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Good luck with your next week!
ReplyDelete