Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Blog Star

Today, I'm linking up with Mrs. Monologues for her Blog Star post! I'm supposed to share a little bit about myself and my blog, but I don't really feel like rambling on about my life story. Therefore, I've decided to use this A-Z format that I've seen on other blogs before to help you get to know me.


Getting to Know Me from A-Z 

Age: 25
Bedtime: Usually around 10:30...I know, we're old people
College: Florida State University
Dogs: Black Lab (Lola) and a German Shorthair Pointer (Sadie)
Everyday Necessity: Diet Coke
From: Jacksonville, Florida
Gold or Silver?: Usually white gold, but my wedding band (that was passed down from my great-grandma) is a mixture of white and yellow gold
Holiday: Christmas and Thanksgiving
Ice Cream: Chocolate chip cookie dough
Job Title: English Teacher
Karaoke Go-To Song: Sweet Home Alabama
Live: Saint Augustine, Florida
Movie: Steel Magnolias
Night or Morning Person?: Morning person...I suck at staying up late
Outdoors Lover?: Yes! I love being outside...fishing, hunting, hiking, pretty much anything.
Pet Peeves: People who do not understand proper etiquette or dress code for certain occasions. When girls wear shirts that show their bra straps...hello, they invented strapless bras for a reason. People who always do the bare minimum at their job and then complain incessantly about it.
Quirks: I have to hit the lock button on my car keys at least 3 times before walking away from my car. I have a mental checklist of everything I need for work that I have to go through every morning before backing out of my driveway. I don't put milk in my cereal.
Restaurant: Carrabbas
Sports: The only "sport" I ever really played well was volleyball. I guess that's what happens when you are left-handed and already 5'10" in the 7th grade. My main passion for 15 years was always dance. 
Teams: My #1 sports team is obviously the FSU Seminoles! College football is really the only sport that I care about. I also grew up loving the Atlanta Braves. I don't really like the NFL, but I guess I technically "cheer" for the Jacksonville Jaguars even though they are terrible.
Urban or Rural?: Definitely rural. Sometimes I do enjoy certain aspects of the city, but the country is ultimately my favorite. I guess I technically live in a "city", but since I have to drive past cow pastures just to get to the grocery store, I consider the area that I live in as rural.
Vacation: I love traveling in Europe. I have already been to England, Ireland, Holland, Germany, Austria, Italy, Switzerland, and France. I can't wait to go back and visit again!
Weather: I love a beautiful sunny day. I mean, I do live in the Sunshine State after all :)
Xtra Special Fact About You: I was named Jacki after my uncle (mom's brother) who was killed by a drunk driver when he was 12 years old. I was never able to meet him, but I have always been honored to have such a special namesake.
Yogurt (Fro-yo) Toppings: Rainbow sprinkles
Zoo Animal: Lion...not only is it my sorority's mascot, but I just simply love lions

9 comments:

  1. Love diet coke and sweet home Alabama karaoke too. Love how you did your link-up post. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stopping by from the link-up, love how you did your post. Cute blog. New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog. Such a cute idea from A-Z. that might be a new post on my blog soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visible bra straps are my ultimate pet peeve. Even more so are CLEAR bra straps. Don't you idiots know we can still SEE them?! The sun is practically glaring off them!

    noles, jags, vball, north fl, carrabbas...heck yes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by from Blog Star Link up! So nice to "meet" you! P.S. LOVED 50 Shades!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm left-handed, and the only sport I play decently is volleyball. =) It must be a thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopping by from the link up. You have such cute pups! I love rainbow sprinkles too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the A-Z! I haven't seen this before. What's really funny is I obsessively lock my car when I walk away too!

    ReplyDelete